Boss DD20 Vs Boss RE-20 Space Echo

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by drod2045, Jan 23, 2008.

1. wildschwein

wildschwein Member

I owned the RE-20 for several years and sold it recently. It's really nice but the DD-20 seems to have more functionality whereas the RE-20 is mainly a digital tribute to the old RE-201s. The DD-20 is the way I would go now.

2. Jules-RM

Jules-RM Member

I think the RE20 is a good choice if you use more than one delay, I've got mine paired with the Empress Tape Delay.

DD20 would be my choice if I could only have one delay on my board. I just love stacking delay too much to have just one.

DD20 goes fine in a loop, RE20 should be in front.

Personally, I thought the DD7 sounded better than the DD20.

Digitech Obscurea (tape model) and a DD7 (with an external tap) might be a great combo for the price of a DD20 or a RE20.

3. onebigholiday

onebigholiday Member

These days you could find a DD-20 on Craigslist for ballpark $125... Just wondering why.

4. onebigholiday

onebigholiday Member

I don't know about the rest of you, but googlin sh!t is the first thing I do. I come to this website and ask questions for a specific purpose... And that purpose is not to read pompous replies like the one quoted above, it's to get real time responses and opinions. So thank you to those who responded from experience.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  5. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

I apologize for giving a response you thought was pompous and deserving of profanity.

Could you be more specific about where I triggered such a response from you, so that I can improve and not come across that way when I was actually trying to be helpful?

Also, when you do feel strongly about such thngs, you always have the opportunity to report such responses to the mods with the reasons you feel they were rude. That will help the community in general by getting the rules clarified when people cross those lines.

You do still have that option of reporting my previous profanity-triggering post, so I recommend you do so.

Thanks!

Daanh likes this.