Boss DD200 question about presets

mambosun92

Is there an easy way to rearrange saved presets order?
For instance if I save the preset 4 to position 2, how should I do so without erasing previous preset 2?
I could'nt find any mention of this in the manual.
Thanks in advance for your tips.

Doesn’t the 200 come with empty slots? I have a 500 and it comes with quite a few “empty” slots so you can do exactly what you want. You’d save preset #2 to preset #60 (or wherever). Then, you could move #4 into the #2 preset slot. It’s pretty easy to move presets around. Maybe the 200 doesn’t have that option.

mambosun92

Thanks. The DD200 doesn’t come with desktop app option like the 500. I still think this is a big failure of Boss.
But if I understood well what you said, one solution would be to extend preset slots amount enough, (eg:up to 20) to arrange free temporary slots for preset exchanges, then after, I restore my x8 presets configuration more suitable for gig purpose.
DD200 memory allows up to 128 presets.

Stephans

Doesn’t the 200 come with empty slots? I have a 500 and it comes with quite a few “empty” slots so you can do exactly what you want. You’d save preset #2 to preset #60 (or wherever). Then, you could move #4 into the #2 preset slot. It’s pretty easy to move presets around. Maybe the 200 doesn’t have that option.
Yes it can, the DD200 can store 99 presets

mambosun92

Another question for the DD200 super users:
If for instance I save 20 presets but need to configure it to 4 presets for more convenience at gigs (ie:shorter cycle). Then reconfigure it back to 20 slots. Would the 16 presets be lost?

Last edited:

mambosun92

Hi,

No, your presets are still there.

An example, if you have 20 presets, you can have five "groups" of 4 presets.
Then just select the start and end point of the group you want to use.
For eg the third group, start 9 - end 12.
Thanks for your information.
I did'nt know anything about "grouping" the preset.Quite interesting indeed.
How does it work and where can I find this option in the DD200 menu?

StenneG

If you do not have the manual.
Download it from the BOSS website.
It contains the answers to your questions.

Regards StenneG

mambosun92

If you do not have the manual.
Download it from the BOSS website.
It contains the answers to your questions.

Regards StenneG
I checked the manual of the DD200( v1.1) but couldn’t find a clear explanation about the memory bank, how to set it and recall it.
But maybe it’s just me.
And by the way, I was right, you can extent the DD200 memory up to 128 presets and not 99.

StenneG

On page 12 of the manual you will find the parameters you should use.

20220618_055928.jpg

To enter my previous example ...
"For eg the third group, start 9 - end 12."

EtF = 9
Ett = 12

Rules of procedure. Page 10 in the manual.
Screenshot_20220618-063222_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Hope you understand how to proceed now.

Regards StenneG

Last edited:

mambosun92

Thanks a lot for your effort but what I only see is the process to extend preset range beyond the 4 +1 basic slots that come stock, which I’ ve
done a long time ago (I have 8 presets on my pedal since the firmware update v1.1).
This procedure describes how to set presets range from manual to a maximum of 128 presets but in one single bank.
Sorry but what I don’t see clearly is how to set several banks of presets I can save and could recall individually according to my need ( home practice, gig, etc).

Last edited:

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
The point is you can order your presets into "groups" and then set the preset scroll to fit the range you need at any given time.

So presets 1-4 could be home use/practice, 5-8 could be for classic rocks covers, 9-12 could be experimental soundscapes, etc..

Then simply go into the menu and set the preset min/max to fit whichever grouping you need when you need them.

Top Bottom