BOSS DD500 Looper issues

robin taylor

Hi!

I bought a DD500 a week ago and finally had some time to try the integrated Looper. I´m getting a weird timing issue and noticable gap when recording the loop. It seems like the loop is getting quantized?

I can´t record any odd meter, shuffle or any complex rhythm part with it without a noticable audio gap inbetween the end and start of the loop. I´m not sure if this is normal. How do you think about the looper? I had a Strymon Timeline before and the Looper was really good, I knew I made a mistake when it didn´t sound right.

Another thing: Is there any way to regulate the loop level ? The playback is always louder than the actual recorded signal.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Robin

thesooze

Silver Supporting Member
There's no loop level
I get the same gap on mine :/

These things make me not use the DD-500 looper

Kylote

I haven't had that issue personally... but it took me some practice to get the timing down correctly. In terms of loop being loud, I just drop volume on my volume pedal before recording the loop and then roll it back up afterwards to be more audible over the top of it. It definitely could be done better on the DD-500. It is sort of just serviceable...

northstar6000

I don't own the Boss DD500, but have owned several loopers (and currently own a Boss RC-3). I have found that every looper takes a little bit of practice in order to get nice seamless loops. I always figured it had something to do with the way the switch works on different products.

Trending Topics