1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

BOSS DF-2 - Any one make a clone/pedal that nails it?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mrmjp, Feb 19, 2009.

1. mrmjp

mrmjp Member

Not the feedbacker portion of the pedal, I could care less about that. I am into the distortion, very very nice. I have an original actual DF-2, but I'm wondering if any one makes a pedal that can get that sound?
    [​IMG]

2. malabarmusic

malabarmusic Member

FWIW, Robert Keeley told me the DF-2 distortion circuit is basically the same as a DS-1.

- DB

3. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

I had Brian Wampler mod mine to sound more 'RAT' like...

4. stephen_b

stephen_b Member

it seems like a waste to "nail" the df2... its a neat toy, but not too useful. maybe if there were a better sounding dirt box with a better sounding feedback generator, that'd be cool.. but i never used my df2 for more than hitting the feedback on and then tweeking a delay pedal to make siren noises... and honestly, an ebow with your favorite OD can achieve that noise a little better.

5. Belmont

Belmont Member

why not just buy another DF-2, they're not expensive.
    they are similar to a DS-1 but have more gain, just put them side by side and you'll hear it. I like them alot

6. danieldanger

danieldanger Member

ugh, youre actually into the distortion on this thing? pfft. i thought it was super weak, huge signal volume drop, bass loss, and just weak sounding overall. the feedbacker part was fun for the kind of stuff i was doing (adding some amount of control over actual feedback/delay swirls), i had the distortion part removed and we used the drive pot as an additional tone knob for the swell sound.