Boss DR-01s Acoustic Rhythm Parter

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by Social Exodus, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Social Exodus

Social Exodus Lone Wolf Silver Supporting Member

I just got one of these for $229 and it's pretty darn cool for all you acoustic players out there. This thing is small, runs on batteries if you want and puts out a nice sound. Who needs a drummer?

[​IMG]

Check it out:

https://www.boss.info/us/products/dr-01s/?lang=en-US

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. Adagietto

Adagietto Supporting Member

Looks interesting. I could use something like that.

Social Exodus likes this.
  3. Social Exodus

Social Exodus Lone Wolf Silver Supporting Member

I played quite a bit with it yesterday, and for fun factor alone I like it. You can come up with all kinds of good accompaniment lines with it and save them off. It made a few of the songs I play far better IMHO. Also, I plugged it into the aux input of my Fishman Loudbox Mini and it sounded great and I was really happy -- until I realized my mic channel on the Loudbox is absolutely dead anyway. Long story there, but I am looking at the new Mesa Rosette or the Boss Acoustic Singer Live amp at the moment to replace it. It seriously pisses me off because I rarely used the thing in the 2 1/2 years I've had it and of course it's out of warranty. But I digress.

The Boss rhythm partner is an excellent buy in my opinion if you want to use it for coffee house gigs, spice up practice or just have fun and it even looks nice enough my wife likes it ;)

Adagietto likes this.
  4. Turbo Gerbil

Turbo Gerbil Member

everything about that is cool except that you apparently can't program your own time signatures or pattern combinations. I'd love to be able to put together some flamenco rhythms in that thing, or at least be able to combine 3/4 and 6/8 sections as needed.