Boss enters the solderless patch cable arena

Benny Jones

Very interested in this! No trimming of cable, looks nice and simple. And a decent amount of plugs, most kits I've seen only have 10 plugs, which lets be honest, isn't nearly enough for most of us. Wonder what the price will be?

Very interested in this! No trimming of cable, looks nice and simple. And a decent amount of plugs, most kits I've seen only have 10 plugs, which lets be honest, isn't nearly enough for most of us. Wonder what the price will be?

159 pounds in the first google result for the name (300$ ) and they even have

• Packages of 100 bulk connectors and 150-foot cable spools also available

Purple_Plexi

12 connectors for £75.00, 24 for £125.00. Same price as Disaster Plugs, I was hoping they would be cheaper...

FbIsNotE

Doh!! I JUST finished my board with George L's and Disaster area!!!!!! Boss looks good and they have a long standing reputation for being bullet proof. I may pick some up for spares. Gold tips are always preferred for superior corrosion resistance.

I deliberately mixed George L's and Disaster Area so I could compare them. A little of that applies here I guess because Boss makes a point to say their cable is super pliable. The George L's are very stiff and retain their shape when bent. I found this to be a plus when I wired my board with a Voodoo Labs HEX switcher underneath my Pedal Train Novo 24. The cabling only has about 1 inch from the jack to the rail opposite it. The George Ls fit in this gap nice and snug so the wire stays tucked away with no help AND puts a slight insertion pressure on the plug so there is no way it can escape the jack. The more pliable Disaster Area cable does not do this and so had to be mechanically secured which does not maintain insertion pressure.

A fairly esoteric point, I know, but thought it might be useful to someone as the stiffness of the George L's is often pointed to as a negative.

Last edited:

Warlag

I like the gold tips on cables... seems to make a noticeable difference in sound with most brands. I like to try one of these kits... I'm usually useing the Planet Waves cords... I always loved the kill switch on them too.

DaveKS

Trending Topics