• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Boss EQ200 Question

cap217

Silver Supporting Member
The manual for this pedal is not good at all. There are a lot of routing options to get into and figure out but one thing that I cant find for sure is accessing the memory. I can save manual presets in the memory bank up to 127 spots I think. But I cant access them. When I click through the MEMORY button I can only access MANUAL,1,2,3,4 then it goes back to MANUAL. How do I access these?

Also, does a preset save the routing, link, channels A and B, and pedal switch functions? Or are those all global? Assume memory 1-4 are standard stereo, can 5 be unlinked, A and B presets? And then will it save the function of the switches?

flpul

Silver Supporting Member
Answer to the first question is with a midi controller like the Morningstar MC3 or MC6. There are some really good videos out there that help describe some of what you are looking for. Probably easier to hunt those than wait for detailed answers.

RockDebris

The manual for this pedal is not good at all. There are a lot of routing options to get into and figure out but one thing that I cant find for sure is accessing the memory. I can save manual presets in the memory bank up to 127 spots I think. But I cant access them. When I click through the MEMORY button I can only access MANUAL,1,2,3,4 then it goes back to MANUAL. How do I access these?

Also, does a preset save the routing, link, channels A and B, and pedal switch functions? Or are those all global? Assume memory 1-4 are standard stereo, can 5 be unlinked, A and B presets? And then will it save the function of the switches?

This is becoming a bit of trend really where pedals can store a bunch a presets, but they don't have an interface to get at them. They assume you'll have a MIDI controller if you want those extended presets. There is a trend also toward having TRS ports instead of full-sized DIN.

I actually made this prototype of a pedal meant to address this in the simplest way possible. It's really for those who don't need a more fully capable MIDI Controller, otherwise the Morningstar is what you want (I have 2!). I put together this demo and it just so happens that the Boss EQ-200 is one of the pedals I show working with it .. though unfortunately the part that appears in doesn't access presets higher than 3 .. but it does work for up to 128 presets:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom