• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Boss ES-5 Discussion

sbrollins76

Silver Supporting Member
Hmmmmmm...I just got a Decibel 11 Switch Dr. Thinking I may need to send it back and hold out for this.

This is pretty cool. I am actually very brand new to switching systems but something like this ES-5 looks super appealing and keeps things small. In regards to the loops, if something is MIDI controllable like the BOSS DD-500, does it have to be taking up one of the loops on the ES-5 or can you just plug in the MIDI and you'll be fine?

stilwel

Silver Supporting Member
It's perfect for someone using a handful of analog boxes (in the loops) along with some MIDI controlled digital mod/delay/verb boxes.

dickjonesify

This is pretty cool. I am actually very brand new to switching systems but something like this ES-5 looks super appealing and keeps things small. In regards to the loops, if something is MIDI controllable like the BOSS DD-500, does it have to be taking up one of the loops on the ES-5 or can you just plug in the MIDI and you'll be fine?
With MIDI controlled pedals like the DD-500, it wouldn't need a loop. You could hit a switch and it would activate the loops you wanted and switch the DD-500 to the patch you wanted or turn it on or off

With MIDI controlled pedals like the DD-500, it wouldn't need a loop. You could hit a switch and it would activate the loops you wanted and switch the DD-500 to the patch you wanted or turn it on or off
Wow, that's perfect. My current future board setup is going to be wah, volume pedal, tuner, TS808, DD-500, Mobius, Compressor, RV-6 and then possibly a Micro POG. Wah, VP, DD-500 and Mobius wouldn't even take up loops, there's a dedicated loop for the tuner and then the TS-808, Compressor, RV-6 and Micro POG could into the loops leaving one open even for another pedal if need be.

joshofsorts

Silver Supporting Member
I haven't seen an ES-8 in person, but what are the advantages of this over Disaster Area's DPC-5 which is a little more compact (and true bypass)?

Trending Topics