BOSS ES-8 Discussion!

djk61387

So I am officially joining the club. My ES-8 comes in tomorrow. I'll be reading through this thread a lot these next few days, but is there anything I should know? Any tips or tricks you guys could give me? I Can't wait to get this thing set up.

Also, can I plug a stutter pedal into an es8 and use it as a tap tempo pedal?

Chema León

Hi, i have some problem with the boss es-8 please help!!
I have a infinity looper from pictronix and i´m using a looper controller Boss ES-8 to control various pedals via MIDI including the Infinity Looper. I controlling start and stop loops of the infinity from the Boos and its working. What i really need to control is the Global Volume (i assume is the master volume of the pedal) with a exp pedal through Midi and the Boss. I already configured various parameters (repeats in the Timeline Strymond for example) through Midi and the Boss with the Expresion pedal but is not working for the Volumen of the infinity.
What i´m doing is in the Exp assign and midi configuration using the channel that i assing for the infinity sending a CC#7 and value 0 min and 127 max.

It´s something that i´m not find it. Please Help.

Thanks

sigmundc

Hi, i have some problem with the boss es-8 please help!!
I have a infinity looper from pictronix and i´m using a looper controller Boss ES-8 to control various pedals via MIDI including the Infinity Looper. I controlling start and stop loops of the infinity from the Boos and its working. What i really need to control is the Global Volume (i assume is the master volume of the pedal) with a exp pedal through Midi and the Boss. I already configured various parameters (repeats in the Timeline Strymond for example) through Midi and the Boss with the Expresion pedal but is not working for the Volumen of the infinity.
What i´m doing is in the Exp assign and midi configuration using the channel that i assing for the infinity sending a CC#7 and value 0 min and 127 max.

It´s something that i´m not find it. Please Help.

Thanks
Which expression pedal are you using...? Is it TRS style?

Ryno

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I'm considering purchasing an ES-8 but had a question which, admittedly, could actually be a very dumb question. I believe I've read that you can store specific tempos per patch for delays or other time-based effects. Is there a way to assign the tap tempo control to be global across all presets (or is this the default)? An example would be if I had a clean patch with delay on Preset 1. Say I call up Preset 1 and tap in a tempo, 120bpm for instance. Then if I switch to Preset 2 which uses the same delay, would the tempo stay the same, 120bpm? Or would it reset to another value? I could definitely use present tempos in certain applications, such as having a preset saved with a short slapback delay, or having a delay set for a specific tempo of a certain song. However, most often I would like to set the tempo via tap tempo and then be able to switch patches without worrying about the tempo changing. Again, sorry if this has been covered.

starkj

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I'm considering purchasing an ES-8 but had a question which, admittedly, could actually be a very dumb question. I believe I've read that you can store specific tempos per patch for delays or other time-based effects. Is there a way to assign the tap tempo control to be global across all presets (or is this the default)? An example would be if I had a clean patch with delay on Preset 1. Say I call up Preset 1 and tap in a tempo, 120bpm for instance. Then if I switch to Preset 2 which uses the same delay, would the tempo stay the same, 120bpm? Or would it reset to another value? I could definitely use present tempos in certain applications, such as having a preset saved with a short slapback delay, or having a delay set for a specific tempo of a certain song. However, most often I would like to set the tempo via tap tempo and then be able to switch patches without worrying about the tempo changing. Again, sorry if this has been covered.
Not possible unfortunately.

Chema León

Hi to every one.. I have a cuestion to the group!! I have muy infinity looper after the out of the Boss ES-8 but i´m still have space in the loop 8 of the ES_8. Doy think is a better idea to conect the looper pedal in the ES-8 loops or after the Boos? I´m controling the looper pedal via Boss througth MIDI also!
Thanks for aswering..

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
Hi to every one.. I have a cuestion to the group!! I have muy infinity looper after the out of the Boss ES-8 but i´m still have space in the loop 8 of the ES_8. Doy think is a better idea to conect the looper pedal in the ES-8 loops or after the Boos? I´m controling the looper pedal via Boss througth MIDI also!
Thanks for aswering..
It really just depends on whether you want to change where the looper sits in your pedal chain. If always at the end, leave it where it is. If you like to loop something, then process the loop(s) thru the rest of your FX, put it in a loop so you can change where it sits.

Chema León

It really just depends on whether you want to change where the looper sits in your pedal chain. If always at the end, leave it where it is. If you like to loop something, then process the loop(s) thru the rest of your FX, put it in a loop so you can change where it sits.
Thanks for aswer Soli, well i dont think many cases where i´m going to use it betwen the chain.. just if i want o make moore db to the loop in one point or some reberb o overdirve.. but at the same time if i want to mute the boss and still sounding my loop with the vol pedal for the end of a song i can not do it if i have in the chain. I´m doing ambient post rock right now, but i´m starting with these style so i dont now what i will needes ill find in the future..
Thanks

lifeinsong

Hey guys, I bought an ES-8 several months ago with hopes of incorporating it into my setup but unfortunately I'm forced to sell it before putting it to use. It's brand new in the box and ready to ship out. If you're looking for one please get in touch and I'll give you a great deal!

sigmundc

An external midi clock, sent to the "midi in" jack of the Es-8, actually will do what you need... I use a Molten Voltage Tempode for this exact purpose. Tap in, say, 85 beats/ min. on Tempode, and any preset I select after sending that tempo syncs to the 85 value. Too bad you have to add the external hardware though...

Ryno

An external midi clock, sent to the "midi in" jack of the Es-8, actually will do what you need... I use a Molten Voltage Tempode for this exact purpose. Tap in, say, 85 beats/ min. on Tempode, and any preset I select after sending that tempo syncs to the 85 value. Too bad you have to add the external hardware though...

Thank you very much for the response, @sigmundc! That's exactly what I needed to know. I'll take a look at the Tempode.

gcpetti

I bought a es-8 and the tc electronic sentry. Does anyone know how is the best method to install this noise gate?

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
I bought a es-8 and the tc electronic sentry. Does anyone know how is the best method to install this noise gate?
Just put it in a loop and program it in with your gain pedal presets.

gcpetti

Just put it in a loop and program it in with your gain pedal presets.
Ok... But... I don't want lost 1 loop for this. And I want to use the sentry loop for more effective noisegate. I am using the sentry before the es-8 imput and use the sentry loop ➰ between the volume out and volume in. Is that OK!? I feel the tone is darker when the noisegate is on and with less gain.

gcpetti

This is the Signal chain: guitar -> in sentry -> send sentry -> in es-8 -> vol out es-8 -> in amp -> send amp -> return sentry -> out sentry -> vol in es-8 -> out1 es-8 -> return amp.

rjaneshek

Why does the ES-8 users manual suck sooooo bad? It's virtually useless to me trying to program midi on my Echolution 2. Anyone have a reference for understanding this crap? All I'm trying to do is change presets per patch without it changing the parameters of the preset.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom