Boss ES-8 vs One Control Crocodile Tail

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

There's only about $100 price difference between the two.

We don't know everything about the Boss ES-8 but we know one big advantage is being able to stack pedals in different orders using it. That's one big advantage!

Is there anything the Crocodile Tail can do that the Boss can't?

If the $100 difference didn't matter to you, which would you choose?

2. jimmynorrisjr

jimmynorrisjr Member

Not that I know of. I went with the Boss. They will be available just about every music store, which means it will be easier to get fixed if something happens. Just my 2 cents.

3. Televolt

Televolt Member

I share the same curiosity as you, Ruiner.

I have the Joyo PXL Live but some pops when changing some presets are annoying me.
    I going either with the OC10 or the new Boss ES-8, but I'm still not sure which one.

Anybody has some thoughts about that?
    Thank you

4. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

This was an old post. Never got to deep into comparing the two but ended up with the Boss ES-8 and very happy with it so far although i haven't had a chance to dive that deep into it yet.

5. Televolt

Televolt Member

Im leaning towards the Es-8.
    What i like about the OC10 is the 10 loops and the easy to create/edit a preset.
    Also, in the "Manual" mode i can still chance my amp channel, as if was one pedal. Im not sure if the ES-8 has this possibility.
    Now, the ES-8 has lots of features that the OC10 doesn't. Like changing the pedals order, possibility of delay leaving trail...
    One other thing that i like about the ES-8 is that I can, in any preset, set one or more bbuttons to act as a pedal, like the "stompbox" of the gigrig G2.

My gear is not complicated, and im afraid i will under use the ES-8:
    Guitar > Digitech Drop > Fulltone Wah > SP compressor > Tube Screamer > DS-2 > BigMuff > Phase90 > MXR chorus > MicroAmp > Line6 DL4

I will add the Line6 M5 soon. Thats why im thinking about the ES-8. Since the M5 has distortions, delays, modulation, ect, i will need to br able to change its position in the chain!

Thanks for your reply Ruiner!