1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

boss fs5u Y cable split question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sjamesbrown, Feb 8, 2012.

1. sjamesbrown

sjamesbrown Member

i have a Strymon Timeline and a DD7
    if i bought a Fs5u and a Y cable could i control the tap of both of these pedals at once?
    or do the timeline and dd7 react to tap tempo differently (for example: if the dd7 responds to the release of the tap and the timeline responds to the pushing of the button)

hope this inst that confusing :)

2. thegreatma3

thegreatma3 Member

im using a fs5u for my timeline currently and plan on getting the y splitter cable for my dd5. dont see why it wouldnt work.

3. Risewithfaith

Risewithfaith Member

The DD5 seems to work with it, but I have a DD7 and have tried every possible Y-cable combination with my Timeline and it will NOT work. This is very frustrating. But, I will hopefully resolve the issue with a tap tempo box from Road Rage. The FS5U just wouldn't work with both.

4. sjamesbrown

sjamesbrown Member

thanks! very helpful!

5. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

The timeline needs to see a stereo plug. As the ring and sleeve will short it out.