Boss ft. Sola Sound Unite for Boss TB-2W

chromewaves

from the first tease with the hammered metal finish, I thought "that looks like a Tone-Bender". then with the chicken head knobs, I thought "that's gotta be some riff on a Tone-Bender".

And it's a Tone-Bender.

I think it's pretty cool. I have a Tone-Bender-y fuzz already that doesn't get a lot of board time but is fun when it does. Don't think I'll be shelling out for this, but I kinda like that it exists.

I don't get this one. Boss has made so many innovative pedals over the years. Seems weird that they're just making a clone.
Technically - for what I know - Boss has never made even limited editions.
The beginning of a new era for Boss?

I think it's pretty cool. I have a Tone-Bender-y fuzz already that doesn't get a lot of board time but is fun when it does. Don't think I'll be shelling out for this, but I kinda like that it exists.
honestly I was looking exactly for a ToneBender-like pedal!
Knowing that it will be launched in spring 2021 means that I will wait until launch.

Anyway, it's a limited edition, for you TGP-users how much will it cost?
Honestly I'm undecided whether to throw myself on a Union Pedal; an Analogman or bet everything on this Boss.

Last edited:

BearBryan

No doubt this is cool, but for anyone worried they won’t get one of these limited ones just grab a RambleFX Twin Bender. It’s more versatile, will almost certainly be cheaper, and sounds great. As a boss fan it will take some willpower to avoid this but I already have almost $800 worth of tonebenders so I’ll leave it to one of you guys.

deceased

I’m definitely ambivalent. It’s a simple circuit with a million clones, and I’m not sure why Boss is the one who had to do it when they already have a huge demand for reissues or Waza versions of pedals that were their own designs. I’d be a bit less content if there weren’t news of the HM-2W being in development. But then what about all the stuff people still want from Boss?
-Analog flanger and phaser
-FZ-2W/ FZ-3W
-Updated RE-20 with analog dry
-PN-2W or TR-2 with stereo/panning capabilities
-slow gear

I think it’s a very cool pedal (despite the horrible papyrus font, seriously, papyrus is basically a meme at this point), but it’s just another limited production fuzz. This one happens to be a circuit so simple it could probably fit on square inch of circuit board. The voltage starving thing is cool but it’s not like some brilliant innovation.

olejason

If it's truly only 500 units I can't imagine the price will be any less than $250-350. They could literally price it at almost anything and it would sell out immediately if they're that limited.

deceased

If it's truly only 500 units I can't imagine the price will be any less than $250-350. They could literally price it at almost anything and it would sell out immediately if they're that limited.
Where are you guys getting this 500 units thing? It says in the description on Boss’ site that they used a number 500 serial number Tone Bender to base the circuit on. I’m not seeing anywhere what the production numbers are going to be.

Well, a Boss-Waza BluesDriver costs 185 USD. And is a No-Collaboration, No-Limited Edition and above all No-NOS components inside it.
I think that for this TB-2W they will ask for, at least, 400 USD.

I think it’s a very cool pedal (despite the horrible papyrus font, seriously, papyrus is basically a meme at this point
That font is nothing short of disgusting
Yup, that fugly font is the cherry ontop of this really lackluster and uninspired release from Boss.
I think the font choice was made clearly to evoke the one on the original ToneBender.
Despite the font, definitely I consider this pedal aesthetically a thousand times better than the original ToneBender (and than the RambleFX), with their sh*tty shape. TMHO.

Trending Topics