• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Boss FV-500H or FV-500L

dejvid

Quick question: I need to add a volume pedal to my board, but I'm still not sure whether I'd want it to be first in line or behind my Philosopher's Tone. I was thinking of going with one of the Boss volume pedals, since I heard good things about their reliability. It seems to me that the most versatile choice of the two would be the H version, since it could handle an instrument input as well as a pedal input. Am I right?

Twinattack

I have the H and used it first in the chain and it worked great. Recently moved it after my dirt section and dtill works great. Definitely reliable and sounds good. My only gripe is the size.

dejvid

I have the H and used it first in the chain and it worked great. Recently moved it after my dirt section and dtill works great. Definitely reliable and sounds good. My only gripe is the size.
Do any of your guitars use active pickups?

mertas

so is there any difference for guitar usage inside of pedalboard? BOTH L AND H versikn could be used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High impedance for guitars

Low impedance for keyboards or mixes

Last edited:

stinkfoot

Other way around. H version is for guitar -> volume pedal, L version is for guitar -> pedals -> volume pedal (or keyboards etc).

Top Bottom