Boss FZ-2w hype thread

olejason

When the Pilgrims discovered America they brought with them the centuries old holiday of Thanksgiving. Each year our favorite businesses bestow upon us gifts to consume on the holiday. Will this be the week glorious BOSS unleashes the FZ-2w???

Mike Duncan

Staff member
Playing since 1987, I’m just not a fuzz person. Kinda hope it’s fuzz so I don’t have to buy anything!

HolyGuacamole

Can't pedal companies just announce a pedal anymore?
I think this is how it works now:
  1. Pedal Hype Post/Video
  2. Reaction Videos
  3. Pedal Unboxing Videos
  4. Reaction Videos About Unboxing Videos
  5. TGP Posts / Review of Actual Pedal (that bypasses steps 2-4, thankfully)
  6. Comments on TGP post/review about how they only plug straight into their amp

vintage66

Could have bought one for $50 a few years ago before prices went crazy. I remember liking the clean boost the best. Don’t like octave fuzz so maybe that’s what turned me off. Still interested if the price is right, not sure what the Waza would add.

disconnector

It's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.
Gold Supporting Member
I don't get the fuss about this fuzz.
Dude - It's the original Dopethrone tone. If you don't like that then you won't like this particular fuzz.

In the right context it's absolutely *perfect*. The correct context is cannibas driven, severely downtuned, Gibson scaled, multiple Sunn amped, full stack, Satan worshipping, goat f%^king DOOOOOM. Volume so loud that you can feel it rearranging your chromosomes. You can barely walk from the sheer volume slapping your nards together like castanets. Your kids will be born deaf and wear Funeralopolis nappies.

If you want something to riff on Jimi or the blues this ain't your huckleberry.

disconnector

It's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.
Gold Supporting Member
It's just an octave fuzz. Use it in any context you would use an octave fuzz. Hendrix, Townshend, whoever you want.
Ehhhh . . . I had one. I wouldn't call it just an octave fuzz. To me it sounds like the most flabby broken up nasty fuzz ever - almost completely devoid of any nuance or dynamics. But with the right guitar (my SG), tuned to the right tuning (B standard), through the right amp (my old DR103), at the right volume (pants flapping insanity), and at funeral dirge tempos it sounds like the voice of an exceptionally angry Cthonic god.

I'd say the Electric Wizard folks got lucky when they found this - I'm betting many many bong rips were involved in the process of their "research". To me the FZ-2 is a nearly unusable pedal for anything else.

Ehhhh . . . I had one. I wouldn't call it just an octave fuzz. To me it sounds like the most flabby broken up nasty fuzz ever - almost completely devoid of any nuance or dynamics. But with the right guitar (my SG), tuned to the right tuning (B standard), through the right amp (my old DR103), at the right volume (pants flapping insanity), and at funeral dirge tempos it sounds like the voice of an exceptionally angry Cthonic god.

I'd say the Electric Wizard folks got lucky when they found this - I'm betting many many bong rips were involved in the process of their "research". To me the FZ-2 is a nearly unusable pedal for anything else.
I have the Behringer. Sounds great running into my Carcosa. It's just an octave fuzz. :red

Trending Topics