BOSS FZ-5??? dig??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jaywalker, Jan 25, 2008.

1. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Cut to the chase, can't get a mail order 3 century waiting list fuzz in time for a TV gig, got new BOSS stuff for free from sponsor, don't need the BOSS mega distortion that's on my board - what are the ratings for the new FZ-5????

does it like buffers??? I can't have it first as its a TV gig and noise suppressors are mentioned in the contract etc.

input apreciated!

J.

2. Sunstone Recordings

Sunstone Recordings Supporting Member

I'm not sure, I've heard the fz-3's are good. go to guitarcenter and grab up a jh-1 fuzz face or a fulltone 70? ps- when does it air? i'd love to watch!

3. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Hmmm....guitar centre is 6000 miles away....
    Our sponsor store has only boss, behringer and EHX, plus dunlop I think.

I will be running a blog for the show for guitar players, featuring podcasts and the like
    show kicks off on feb 24th, but I want to do the blogs starting from next week I hope.

4. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

bumbety bump cos I've gotta decide before 9 p.m. CET (in one hour) when the store closes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They got a hendrix fuzz too but there ain't no way that will fit on my board.

5. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan Silver Supporting Member

If fuzz is what you're after, the FZ-5 does a very good job. I bought one and discovered that I'm not a fuzz person and returned it. I do think that it's very cool, just not the sound I was looking for.

6. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

I need a fuzz for a couple of songs, I've put together some good sounding Magicstomp sims, but my stomps are later in the chain and thus rendered useless as fuzzalikes.

I'll get it anyway, heck - it's free!!

P.S. I was never a fuzz person till TGP hit me.

7. blackjack davey

blackjack davey Senior Member

Go with a Big Muff, Pi & use an EQ to tweak to taste.

8. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

I don't find the muff fuzzy enough for that old Ronnie Wood sound I need.
    It always blasts the **** out of my Laneys and ends up compressing, that's why its no longer on my board. And its a big MF too to boot....