• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Boss got it right with the DD-2

lv

Silver Supporting Member
I've owned a couple of these and foolishly sold my last one when I picked up a timefactor and a nova delay, so I just bouhgt another.

Both the TF and Nova are great delays, but for simplicity, and warmth the dd-2 is hard to beat. It also is quieter than both the TF and Nova, and is also more transparent. I need to do some clips.

riker4208

I hear ya loud and clear. I dumped the dl4 off my board after a year of use and put back on the analog delay and the dd-2. Night and day, Day and night. It always sounds good.

Stressfest

Couldn't agree more lv. I've still got the one you sold me awaiting the word from Cornish and bought another for good measure. It's one of the best sounding, no nonsense delays i've owned...fantastic :AOK

Lolaviola

Features are great for studio tools and left-brainiacs, but for something that goes under your foot, I prefer no-nonsense, simplicity and reliability.

Had a DL4, and a Nova, and I miss my analog delay. I had 2 DM-3's at one point and gave one away...well, the dude was supposed to pay me. Arrgh!

bwc3000

+1 on the DD-2. Found one in great shape recently for just $50...awesome range of sounds. With my Telecaster and a little clean boost the repeats on the DD-2 almost sound chorused when I turned on the delay at a gig we did last week.
I've also had the RV-3 Reverb/Delay since the mid-'90s and I like that one, too, but the DD-2 cuts through much better live. I used to have a DM-2 as well and I actually like the DD-2 better--though the DM-2 was pretty cool, as well!

mfgobbi

Is the DD-2 a lot different than the DD-3?

BTW, I usualy don't like the short time of analog delays, but I just found what I was looking for: an analog delay with 600 s and true bypass:
the echo machine

riker4208

I personally use the DD-2 for it's long delays, the analog delay I use for shorter delays (though not slab-back style) that is always left on. The analog delay adds ambiance to the sound, almost like a different flavor of reverb. Also, when you need an over the top effect, crank the feedback knob.

Jagsound

Thanks for the article!

I've got the DSD-2 and I like it a lot - I must do I've had it since 1990! Still works great and sounds good, although it does brighten the sound slightly when engaged. Anyone agree?

Also what is it like in bypass? I've always meant to get a looper and kick it in with that, but never done it so the pedal must be pretty good anyway.

JoeYello

Gold Supporting Member
The DD-2 is great for long delays....I bought mine around 83-84 on 48th street in NYC....still on my board.

JoeYello

Gold Supporting Member
They were expensive back then, weren't they?!?! In today's dollars maybe 3 or 4 line6 delays. But worth it!
I wish I had the receipt but I think it might have been about $130?...I could be wrong. I worked in NYC back then, right out of college and made frequent stops on 48th street. I also still have an original Rockman that I use to practice along with Cd's and cassettes.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom