Boss GT-100 Firmware update 2.10

gumtown

While browsing the GT-100 downloads section,
I just saw a new firmware system update to version 2.10

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/gt-100/updates_drivers/

Update history
[ Version 2.10 ]
Functionality Improvements
  • Periodic sending of MIDI pitch bend sensitivity was stopped.
  • Support for GT-100 Driver Ver.2.1 was added.
    GT-001 Driver Ver.2.1 has been provided with a function for switching the sampling rate.

* Use the GT-100 Ver.2.10 in combination with GT-001 Driver Ver.2.1.

Last edited:

gumtown

Was hoping they might update the COSM engine to match that 'sparkle' of the new GT-1,
with the GT-100 being the "current flagship" and all that.

Reactions: rsm

stratoskier

Was hoping they might update the COSM engine to match that 'sparkle' of the new GT-1,
It does seem odd that if the perceived improvements in the GT-1 vs GT-100 were due to algorithm tweaking or simply more finely tuned presets (with some parameters either fixed or defaulting to ideal values), then why wouldn't they release a firmware update to bring the 100 up to the best current specs? I can't imagine why they would allow their flagship to earn a reputation as a less capable unit than its little brother, but that perception is gaining traction here on TGP. Unless perhaps it is just a perceived difference and the GT-1 is indeed just a subset of the GT-100's capabilities (that's more or less how it was billed). If that were the case, then with a good ear and precise tweaking, the 100 should be able to reproduce anything the GT-1 can do. Obviously a number of users don't think that is the case.

I'm off topic, aren't I? I don't think I'll bother with this update unless there is actually more in there than is stated above.

Last edited:

fazer

Have the COSM amp models been updated for the gt-1? If so, and Boss hasn't seen fit to give the updates to users of their flagship model that seems harsh. I guess it could mean there is a new flagship model on the way and they don't want to affect sales by updating existing models. (I have the gt-100 but haven't tried the gt-1.)

jageya

dont know if they have been updated or if its just different??.....Since the gt-1 is new it stands to reason that the engine is a newer tech used then the gt-100 in some ways. Like the new spider v amps are supposed to be updated pod sounds.

jageya

its likely that its a middle unit(gt-1) put out in the interm of the next gt-200 thing to come...I also see the spider v as the "vista" product for line 6....like vista was to microsoft...

charmonder

This is kind of off topic but I found something cool on GT-100 today I thought I'd share for anyone else who is bummed the version update has no new effects.

HOW TO Non-Cyclical Flanger and Step-Flanger on GT-100

Use FX1 as FLANGER and FX2 as PAN directly after FX2.
use another effect to squash it back to mono, so either place it before PREAMP if you are using preamps, or use the dry blend on OD/DS block or use the COMP... think of some way to make it mono again.

set FX2 PAN as follows:
WAVESHAPE: 0 for "non-cyclical" , 100 for "step" flanging
DEPTH: 100
LEVEL: 100
RATE: *

set FX1 FLANGER
RATE: *
DEPTH: *
RES: * ( I prefer very low but not 0)
MANUAL: * ( I prefer 100 or very high)
SEPARATION: 100
LOW CUT: FLAT
EFFECT LEVEL: 50
DIRECT LEVEL: 0

* set these knobs to taste. a hint is you seem to get interesting results when both the RATES are similar value but not equal.

yanakosk

I think with the values in 12 o'clock position, gt1 sounds better than gt100. That's perhaps ONE of the reasons, that gt1 feels sounding "better" than gt100.

3dognate

Silver Supporting Member
I think with the values in 12 o'clock position, gt1 sounds better than gt100. That's perhaps ONE of the reasons, that gt1 feels sounding "better" than gt100.
Yeah but is 12:00 the same "values" in GT1 as GT100 since the hardware is different... a +/- 3% difference in position vs. value could be very noticeable.

gumtown

Also found new USB drivers posted for the GT-100
I found that the firmware 2.1 update must be updated first, before installing the new USB drivers,
or else the installer will give an error message "GT-100 not found".

Trending Topics