• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Boss GT-5 - What MIDI controlled fx unit in loop?

pbognar

I'm pretty happy with my Boss GT-5, however, I'd like to put a small MIDI controllable multi fx unit into the loop of the Boss.

It would be cool to have some more realistic crunch and solo tone options, as well as maybe a Rotary effect and 10 band graphic eq. Oh yeah, it should be about $100 or so.

Today I tried out a Vox Tonelab tabletop unit direct into a small Fender champ - I must have doing something wrong because it was pretty brittle sounding.

I also tried a Magic Stomp MKII - but one of the foot switches was shoddy. (yes, I know - not MIDI, but it has the Yamaha DG 1000 models).

If I can't find a MIDI multi fx unit, I would settle for a ToneBone Tri Mode type dirt box, or a PlimSoul or something of that nature.

A good tubey Marshall crunch, and a singing darker solo tone are really my primary objectives.

Any suggestions?

Trending Topics