Boss HF-2 Flanger Japan vs. Taiwan?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by zosozep7, Dec 21, 2009.

1. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Im in the market for one of these pedals and was wondering if there is a difference between the 2? Anybody own one of these or both? According to the Boss site, they claim there was no differences in the pedals. So why is the Japan model more sought after?

2. digiTED

digiTED rock > talk

I just got a green label MIJ HF-2 for $75 (7/10 cosmetics, 10/10 function, no box). Sounds really nice so far. Not quite as lush, rich, and poly-dimensional as my Hartman, but I haven't started messing with the internal trims. The Fromel mod gets recommended around here as well. In short, the HF-2 is a worthy choice for the airy, chorus-y Electric Mistress flanging ethos.

If you haven't seen this already, here's an online serial lookup for Boss gear:
    http://www.bossarea.com/serial/sndecoder.aspx
    I can't personally vouch for it's accuracy YMMV

As far as actually answering your question, :dunno :) If you can get a MIT for substantially less than $75, your may just plan on the extra $20 for the Fromel mod if it does live up to the cheers of its fan-base around here.

Some Boss pedals are vastly different in tone quality between MIJ and MIT like the DS-1 IMO.

3. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Holy sh!t! Lol! I don't even remember writing this thread! I have the Japan HF2 though and still love it. I use that Boss site you mentioned all the time. I refuse to sell my HF2!

4. digiTED

digiTED rock > talk

EVIL UNDEAD THREAD !

I didn't even look at date :)