Boss js-10 jam station

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Stratatak, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Stratatak

Stratatak Member

2. gumtown

gumtown Member

Have a look at the Boss Katana AIR.

3. ljholland

ljholland Silver Supporting Member

Had a JS-10 briefly. Looked cool....was actually lame. I'd pass.

4. lespauled

lespauled Member

Check out Tony Fuentes YouTube channel. He uses them.

5. Stratatak

Stratatak Member

6. Stratatak

Stratatak Member

7. Stratatak

Stratatak Member

I will do that,thanks

8. Stratatak

Stratatak Member

I want to replace my dr880 and br600 in one unit

9. sahhas

sahhas Supporting Member

i guess we are talking about this:
    [​IMG]
    always thought they were kind of cool, but man they seem pricey....

Elantric likes this.
  10. Stratatak

Stratatak Member

yes I have a feeling im looking in the wrong direction?

11. Theorist

Theorist Supporting Member

I had a JS5 that I could never learn how to program, but I’m sure a big part of it was my lack of knowledge about music theory. It was cool to use it as a pumped up drum machine though...

12. odourboy

odourboy Member

I had on too, but I programmed it extensively and got a ton of mileage out of it. It looks like Boss took the concept in a different direction though, using canned mp3 jam tracks rather than user selected chords and style selections. I can see the merit in both.

Theorist likes this.
  13. Stratatak

Stratatak Member

then I really do appreciate you answering me I don't think I'm going to get it everybody telling me to stay away from it and I'm not worth a crap at programming stuff either I'm going to go take a look at that js5 thank you very much.tp

14. Stratatak

Stratatak Member

Thanks for your time steer clear of it.I came within a gnat's ass ordered one last night I'm glad I waited.

15. kaludjerko

kaludjerko Member

I have one and depending on what you need it might or not be a tging for you.
    What it DOES have is two independant channels, where you can put independant models and effects. This might be great if you're teacher or small jam or experimenting with full stereo effects.
    MP3 player is nice, you can slow down tracks and suppress the center channel.
    However, what you also have to keep in mind that modeling is a bit outdated and doesn't sound as good as modern ones. Effect order seems to be fixed. Overal amplifier sounds rather mid scooped and a bit unnatural comparing to guitar amplifier.
    If you can try it, do before buying. It does solve some issues that, to my mind no other unit solves, but at the expense of sound quality to an extent, which is matter of taste anyway.

16. mastercaster

mastercaster Member

These days it's hard to beat the versatility of a iPad as a guitar practice device. With the right apps it can be anything you need, metronome, looper, drum machine, recorder and more.

Elantric and odourboy like this.
  17. Stratatak

Stratatak Member

Thanks for the info I think I'm barking up the wrong tree. I'm only to replace a dr-880 and BR 600 in one unit multitrack recorder will acoustic sounding drums none of this beat crap hard Rock type stuff. No cover tunes just making up my own stuff thanks again. Remember every guy's got his gal buddy guitar player he's got his pick

18. gumtown

gumtown Member

Any small guitar amp with USB audio, or monitor/powered speaker with software guitar effects (Helix Native/Guitar rig/OverLoud TU), will let you use a laptop/android tablet/iPad with your favourite software D.A.W/Studio/Track player.
    That means you can update your software app, and not be tied to outdated hardware.

That is the reason before I suggested the Katana AIR small guitar amp with built in effects.

Elantric likes this.
  19. kaludjerko

kaludjerko Member

Someone on other forum posted a link to a nice PC/Mac software that might be interesting for your purpose:
    https://tonelib.net/

they have JAM, that is like Guitar Pro or Power Tab on steroids, along with playing notation via MIDI (that can be played over audio track, that apparently can be synced within the program to your notation), it can host VST plugin that can be (wait for it...) guitar amp sim software of your choice. They also have their own version, that is much like ZOOM interface.
    All is freeware, so easy to try out.

Elantric likes this.
  20. Stratatak

Stratatak Member

I believe I made my mind up and I'm going with the boss BR 800?