• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Boss Katana 100 1x12 vs Line 6 Spider 5 120

hhawkins

Been looking for a good modelling amp for practicing with my band but will also use it for gigging if it sounds good enough. I play mainly blues, Mayer type stuff and rock. A good clean base tone is important to me.

Has anyone any experience with either of these amps or have any one played both?

Overall, which do you think is best?

Scatabrain

I can vouch for the Katana 100. Get the 12" speaker minimum in either choice if you want any low mids end and want to use with a band. I'm not a Line6 hater by any means but the Katana is cheaper and better unless you just love Line6 and don't play with a band.

Elantric

I can vouch for the Katana 100. Get the 12" speaker minimum in either choice if you want any low mids end and want to use with a band. I'm not a Line6 hater by any means but the Katana is cheaper and better unless you just love Line6 and don't play with a band.
FWIW- all Katana Combos arrive with 12" speakers

But the 100 watt versions do use a beefier speaker magnet, larger voice coil, with more lows that never gets flabby and 5 switchable Channels, switchable external FX loop and support for 6 button GA-FC footswitch

KATANA FAQ
http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19048.0

Scatabrain

FWIW- all Katana Combos arrive with 12" speakers

But the 100 watt versions do use a beefier speaker magnet, larger voice coil, with more lows that never gets flabby and 5 switchable Channels, switchable external FX loop and support for 6 button GA-FC footswitch

KATANA FAQ
http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19048.0

Yup. The Line6 does offer 10" versions that get bad reviews for low/mid lacking.

gtrplr71

the spider plays like a toy. I did play 1 a few weeks ago it is intuitive but I did not care for it. The Katana on the other hand is a gig-able amp right away.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom