Brown mode
Gain zero
Bass 12:00
Mids zero
Treble zero
Chorus 3:00, off or on

Too easy,,,

philwhitmore

Apologies if this has been covered before..
I just wanted peoples opinion ... do you think we will see a major software update for the Katana ??
Had mine for over a year (Katana 100)... never been entirely happy with it :-( ... but stuck with it..
Just wondered if anyone had heard any 'rumours' regarding updates ??

ledvedder

Apologies if this has been covered before..
I just wanted peoples opinion ... do you think we will see a major software update for the Katana ??
Had mine for over a year (Katana 100)... never been entirely happy with it :-( ... but stuck with it..
Just wondered if anyone had heard any 'rumours' regarding updates ??
Why have you been unhappy with it?

philwhitmore

Why have you been unhappy with it?
I love the clean sound, but haven't been able to get a good drive sound ... tried everything .. different combos of amp and pedals and eq etc .. I've used external drive pedals which sounded great .. but its a lot of tap dancing .. which I'm trying to get away from ... I've recently stared doing some solo stuff so i need to concentrate on singing and not where my feet are. I guess its just personal preference ... I'm thinking of going fully digital .. getting rid of the amp and just using DI. I play a wide range of songs in my solo stuff and with a band. At the moment I'm running a TC Nova system thru the effects loop for choruses,delays and solo boost etc and using the Katana for the main tones and reverb.

Clifford-D

I love the clean sound, but haven't been able to get a good drive sound ... tried everything .. different combos of amp and pedals and eq etc .. I've used external drive pedals which sounded great .. but its a lot of tap dancing .. which I'm trying to get away from ... I've recently stared doing some solo stuff so i need to concentrate on singing and not where my feet are. I guess its just personal preference ... I'm thinking of going fully digital .. getting rid of the amp and just using DI. I play a wide range of songs in my solo stuff and with a band. At the moment I'm running a TC Nova system thru the effects loop for choruses,delays and solo boost etc and using the Katana for the main tones and reverb.
Straight up, without any external gear the Kat is wonderful for my love of blues tone and clean tones. Some green verb, maybe a dash of delay,,, and me. I'm happy.

Laservampire

I honestly don't like the drive sounds in the Katana either, but the clean channel works great with any "amp-in-a-box" pedals I've tried.

Come to think of it I don't even use any of the onboard fx, it's just a really good solid state clean amp for not much money.

MrTAteMyBalls

The drive sounds are where this amp shines, IMO. The stock clean to me was pretty terrible. But we all like different sounds, I guess.

Mine sounds like a pissed off Marshall.....which is exactly the sound I am going for.

Use the parametric EQ. it's your friend. You can change the tone drastically with it.

NorCal_Val

We cranked up my Katana 100w yesterday;
never really left the "Brown" channel.
I already love how it sounds when I use it as my basement practice amp; but it sounds very good when it's turned up.
Starting to wonder how it'd sound through a Recto 4x12...

Trending Topics