• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Boss ME-70 vs Digitech RP500

Mostly I play clean with an EQ pedal. Sometimes I'll use an overdrive. I'm just looking for a multi-effects pedal to play with just for fun.

Mostly I want:
chorus, phaser, univibe, and auto-wah without a lot of tweaking.

Boss ME-70 vs Digitech RP500...any ideas?

P.S. I'm not expecting either of them to sound like a board full of boutique effects......

EricPeterson

500 is more than 70 so it is better right?

Actually I think the ME-70 looks really cool, it has a built in looper as well I think. Also it seems easier to navigate in that it has knobs for each pedal section. It too has programing presets like the rp-500 but I think for someone starting out it hard to go wrong with the BOSS.

patrickisbusy

The other guitarist in my band uses the RP500. I've played with it. It's extremely easy to use, and even though I hate multi-effects, it sounded pretty decent as well.

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
No autowah in the ME 70. Otherwise, I love mine.

jon

rp500 real amp models i am personally a big fan of the fender 59' tweed bassman, so if you want specific amp modeling and many effects, specific stompbox modeling, go for rp 500, but if you want "simpleness" and very natural tone go for me-70, the rp 500 has up and down bank, tap tempo bypass, 12345, comp, ds, Chorus/FX, delay, reverb switches, that is an advantage.

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
The ME-50 has been a go to multifx unit for me for years.
The wah is great, and the delays and chorus are really good sounding too.
The tuner works well. The OD sucks...but who cares...I have the amp or other pedals for that.
As easy, or as difficult (tweakage/pre-programming) as you want, and I'm sure the ME-70 was
cut from the same cloth.

S.
j

Trending Topics