Boss ME70

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tonys300ad, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Tonys300ad

Tonys300ad Member

Hey all! Been a while since I logged in here.

Anyone here use this unit? What are some of the pro's and con's of it. I am basically a "bedroom hack" right now and am looking for something to use headphones with so I dont drive everyone nuts here! I also understand that you can hook up an Ipod or MP3 player to jam with.

I do have an amp but with my current living situation, I doubt I'll be plugging in anytime soon. (Carvin Belair)

I figured this would give me more bang for the buck.
    My other option was to get the Peavey Vypyr 30 and use headphones with that. Plus I'll be able to grab that and go jam if the opportunity ever arises. (lighter than the Carvin by about 15lbs I think!)

Thoughts?

And Happy Holidays to all!

2. ylo

ylo Member

Easy enough to try an ME-70 at GC, form your own opinion. I found that it had variations on three basic amp sounds plus some nice effects. I thought it rolled off the top end a bit too much, but this suits the distortion sounds if that's your thing. Personally I would prefer a rack version, I have no floor space left -- my floor is covered with guitar pedals!!

3. DavidLopezJr

DavidLopezJr Member

Sorry to intrude but you can score a Line 6 M13 for 300$ everyonce in a while. Pwns those ME70.

4. looper309

looper309 Member

For a multi-effects unit, the Vox Tonelab LE seems to get the most respect in these here parts. I have a Rocktron Utopia and no one here will even wink at me. :D
    http://www.voxamps.com/pedals/tonelable/
    ..if you must, but seriously consider individual pedals w/ headphone out from your amp with disconnected speakers. Hope you find what works for you!

5. voorhiessa

voorhiessa Member

bump,....any me70 users out there?

6. TheAmpFactory

TheAmpFactory Member

I use a Me70 for the exact reasons you describe.. - it has its Pro's but with some massive cons.

I'll explain why. - the ME70, is pretty decent actually. I mean it has no gimmicks but all useful stuff sound wise. - the normal distortion, compressor delay etc etc. - with a few nice preamp models, albeit not the best quality. - but for bedroom playing its perfect, as its a small unit really, which can run on batteries. and the whole mp3 things is great, I use that more and more these days.

However, with all that said. - you can spend a few hours tweeking the tones to your ears.. finally you are happy with it!.. and enjoy playing.. UNTILL you want to play it through an amp. then boom all that nice tone you heard goes completely for a barney. - it sounds like ****. because its lik you are doing a mixdown with headphones on.. and most people know thats impossible for this very reason.

But there is a way around that. you will need to have you bedroom patches, and live patches. but just beware that both of them are like night and day different.

There is another major flaw, the units marketing really sings its praises for its "soundlooper delay" basically 40 secs of recording. unlimited overlays. - this is all well and good... but.. you spend hours getting all your patches together but cant use them with the looper!.. great eh!. I think not!

Otherwise its really good value, and will suit what you are looking for just perfect.

7. voorhiessa

voorhiessa Member