boss micro br 80

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Geiri, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Geiri

Geiri Member

Please check this out. Pretty decent higain guitartone from a boss ;o)

Hi I made a little recording a rock metal tune with the br 80 into computer via usb and used EZ drummer. Pretty decent guitar sound I think. No post processing and these are stock presets.
    Please leave a comment. Thanks

Geiri

http://soundcloud.com/geiri

2. I-IV-V

I-IV-V Member

Sounds damn good to me, and that isn't my style of music at all.

I bought the E-Band, and if I'd known this recorder had an E-band feature, I would have gotten it instead. The recorder doesn't have all of the E-Band features, but these things have some killer sounds.

Good job.

3. Geiri

Geiri Member

Thank you for your kind words.

I was also going for the e band when I discovered this. I love it, a brilliant gadget.

4. djdrdave

djdrdave Member

Sounds great. So does the eband drum adaptively p
    Ay behind you or fo you have to program all the drums?

5. Geiri

Geiri Member

Well actually I only used the br as an audio interface into garageband and then used the boss amp sims. You can upload into the br your own custom drumbeats, but if I have to connect to a computer to customize the drums I may as well just record on the computer.

The drums in the br are pretty decent but basic, the drums in the track I made are created with EZ drummer.

6. I-IV-V

I-IV-V Member

I don't know how the BR-80 works, but the Eband doesn't have programmable drums. It comes stock with a lot of good backing tracks and it has a lot of memory to upload a lot of songs/ backing tracks. Sounds great through headphones, too. Tracks can be slowed down, but the pitch will stay the same.

It's a great tool. If I'm in a rut or just looking for something to play, it's simple to just plug in, turn it on and scroll through the tracks. There's a ton of stuff to work on. The simplicity and convenience are the best things about it. With a footswitch, it works as a looper, too.