1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

boss micro br 80

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Geiri, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Geiri

Geiri Member

Please check this out. Pretty decent higain guitartone from a boss ;o)

Hi I made a little recording a rock metal tune with the br 80 into computer via usb and used EZ drummer. Pretty decent guitar sound I think. No post processing and these are stock presets.
    Please leave a comment. Thanks

Geiri

http://soundcloud.com/geiri

2. I-IV-V

I-IV-V Member

Sounds damn good to me, and that isn't my style of music at all.

I bought the E-Band, and if I'd known this recorder had an E-band feature, I would have gotten it instead. The recorder doesn't have all of the E-Band features, but these things have some killer sounds.

Good job.

3. Geiri

Geiri Member

Thank you for your kind words.

I was also going for the e band when I discovered this. I love it, a brilliant gadget.

4. djdrdave

djdrdave Member

Sounds great. So does the eband drum adaptively p
    Ay behind you or fo you have to program all the drums?

5. Geiri

Geiri Member

Well actually I only used the br as an audio interface into garageband and then used the boss amp sims. You can upload into the br your own custom drumbeats, but if I have to connect to a computer to customize the drums I may as well just record on the computer.

The drums in the br are pretty decent but basic, the drums in the track I made are created with EZ drummer.

6. I-IV-V

I-IV-V Member

I don't know how the BR-80 works, but the Eband doesn't have programmable drums. It comes stock with a lot of good backing tracks and it has a lot of memory to upload a lot of songs/ backing tracks. Sounds great through headphones, too. Tracks can be slowed down, but the pitch will stay the same.

It's a great tool. If I'm in a rut or just looking for something to play, it's simple to just plug in, turn it on and scroll through the tracks. There's a ton of stuff to work on. The simplicity and convenience are the best things about it. With a footswitch, it works as a looper, too.