BOSS .... New Announcement in next day or two / < 30 June

eclecto-acoustic

Serial tree-hugger
Are we sure Tone Exchange is what the previous announcement was teasing?

I've been out of the BOSS/Roland loop for a minute, but I actually thought Tone Exchange (or something exactly like it) already existed. :rotflmao

I was really hoping for a GR-1000000 and a BG-1000 to put it in.

I totally thought it existed already. I also wonder just how much use these libraries get.

three_eyed_otter

Silver Supporting Member
Here's a spin; the tone exchange is in preparation for the GX1000 release...Maybe a BOSS forum is in the works as the next step in the release of all modeler releases & the D&MG takeover. @Digital Igloo L6 best be working on them knobs if you want a seat at the table!

Have a good one,

3EO

phil_m

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Gold Supporting Member

The Bosstones… I thought they broke up…

mighty-mighty-bosstones-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

Elantric

Are we sure Tone Exchange is what the previous announcement was teasing?

I've been out of the BOSS/Roland loop for a minute, but I actually thought Tone Exchange (or something exactly like it) already existed. :rotflmao

I was really hoping for a GR-1000000 and a BG-1000 to put it in.
it never existed before - ( its 20 years late)

but probably means VGuitarforums is no longer needed

eclecto-acoustic

Serial tree-hugger
I haven't watched the announcement in full, but I can't imagine anything replacing the wealth of knowledge and information that VGuitarForums comprises.

Yeah, I feel like it's the other way around. With VGuitarForums being what it is, why do we need Tone Exchange?

I don't want to crap on Boss' idea here, it just seems weird to me. I remember going through the Line 6 system shortly after the POD HD released, and wondering why I was spending so much time downloading and auditioning tones that were often worse than the presets.

Elantric

I haven't watched the announcement in full, but I can't imagine anything replacing the wealth of knowledge and information that VGuitarForums comprises.
Users prefer dedicated facebook groups, or TGP off topic rants (and trolls) - and after 20+ years of self funding the annual web hosting, and answering same 12 questions for 20 years- Im getting burnt, add my situation of forced COVID lay off / retirement / unemployable age - means less funds for the annual web hosting fee..( need those funds to buy strings and part C,D Medicare) and its a thankless time waster, - so get what you need at www.VGUITARFORUMS.COM because it may not be around

Last edited:

mbenigni

Users prefer decicated facebook groups, or off topic rants ( and trolls) here at TGP - and Im getting burnt and my situation of forced COVID lay off / retirement / unemployable age - means less funds for the annual web hosting fee.. and its a thankless time waster, - so get . what you need at VGUITARFORUMS.COM because it may not be around
Obviously you've got to do what's best for you. No one would have expected you to keep VGF going forever. But that's not the same as saying Tone Exchange will or could "replace" it. IMO, BOSS/Roland would be well-advised to purchase that content from you, and, at the very least, attach it to Tone Exchange as a static archive. Better yet, reskin it to conform with Tone Exchange, and keep it alive.

As for enjoying off-topic rants, guilty as charged. :rolleyes: But I mostly detoured from VGF to TGP because I had moved away from Roland products.

ChipOnly

Silver Supporting Member
As somebody who picked up a GT1000core on a lark a few weeks ago, I'm pleased. Serendipitous.

If I had spent the next <time frame> programming and tweaking it - I haven't really gotten a chance to set presets in stone, just experiment with possibilities - maybe access to all those presets would be met with a shrug. But it may save me some time, give me some ideas to try, and thus get more out the unit.

More blasphemy, I think some of the factory presets sound pretty good (the amp model and cab tones themselves, but Boss really lays the effects on thick to show off I guess) as do the "starter collection" blank canvas presets available via tone studio.

eclecto-acoustic

Serial tree-hugger
I think some of the presets are solid gold. The very first one is great, X-Drive rocks, OctaFuzz Lead is flat out amazing.

MJ Slaughter

Silver Supporting Member
"BOSS TONE EXCHANGE is an online platform for sharing original Livesets created with compatible BOSS products and BOSS TONE STUDIO with users around the world."

People really want this? Seems like a waste of Roland/Boss resources that might be better spent on... oh I don't know, firmware updates, improve Tone Studio's sluggish behavior, write better manuals, Waza pajamas. I don't want to share anyone's livesets. You never know where they've been!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom