BOSS .... New Announcement in next day or two / < 30 June

Evilution

As someone that haven never ever downloaded a patch from anywere in spite of having used modeling for over 20 years i dont really get it, but i of course dont mind if its something that others want.
In hindsight im not surpriced that it wasnt a GX-1000 or something like that since its the middle of the summer and i would expect that the people at Boss would prefer to be on vacation rather than picking up the pieces after the potential bugs of a new product.

timbuck2

"BOSS TONE EXCHANGE is an online platform for sharing original Livesets created with compatible BOSS products and BOSS TONE STUDIO with users around the world."

People really want this? Seems like a waste of Roland/Boss resources that might be better spent on... oh I don't know, firmware updates, improve Tone Studio's sluggish behavior, write better manuals, Waza pajamas. I don't want to share anyone's livesets. You never know where they've been!
thats the big news?? :dunno:huh

Elantric

I'm kind of interested if only for the purpose of having my patches backed up to the internet, but otherwise it seems unlikely that I'll get much other use from it as an SY-1000 owner. Only a handful of weirdos use it and each of us have a different goal in mind.
The best SY-1000 patches are shared here ( for a little while)

Magic Russ

I've generally found two issues with patch exchanges:
1. People have differing sets of equipment and a patch that might sound good on your setup might not sound that great on mine.
2. There are enough users out there with such poor patch construction skills that #1 isn't even a factor.

That said, I have come across a few cool ideas here and there from deconstructing others' patches, and every once in a while I run into something genuinely useful.

Pat6969

You're One of Us Now. Get Used to It™
Your inbox is full so I’ll post this here.

Is the SY-1000 amp/cab modelling identical to the GT-1000? Does it support IR loading? There’s a guy selling one locally and I was considering returning the GX and grabbing the SY.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member

Is the SY-1000 amp/cab modelling identical to the GT-1000? Does it support IR loading? There’s a guy selling one locally and I was considering returning the GX and grabbing the SY.
No and no. It doesn't have quite the same clarity, imo. The GX probably has a little bit easier interface.

Elantric

They share Same amp/ Cab Sims- but no third party CAB IR loading on SY-1000

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
Ok, thanks. I’m using an IR in the GX and am quite enjoying the sound so the SY is out.
Elantric might be correct on this? I just know it feels like there is a teensy loss of clarity vs. the GT. I use the Stomp for IR loading.

Yotarzan

I've generally found two issues with patch exchanges:
1. People have differing sets of equipment and a patch that might sound good on your setup might not sound that great on mine.
2. There are enough users out there with such poor patch construction skills that #1 isn't even a factor.

That said, I have come across a few cool ideas here and there from deconstructing others' patches, and every once in a while I run into something genuinely useful.
Agreed. Patch sharing is only useful if properly tested/documented/filtered by someone else, or at least let visitors add comments on each upload to warn future visitors before downloading.

Otherwise it's like digging in a trash bin.

@Elantric , thank you so much for all your efforts and the VGuitarForums. You've done so much for Boss that they should cover your web hosting expenses.

bAngiel01

A damn shame, forums dying is a big loss for internet. I was able to solve some software problems with 10 years old posts on forums.
Reddit is almost impossible to search, and Facebook is impossible to search.
The best way (IMHO) to search reddit is to Google "<insert search term here> site: reddit.com"

Taking this further, you can put a subreddit if you want to restrict your search even more, for example:

<insert search term here> site: reddit.com/r/guitars

BenoA

it never existed before - ( its 20 years late)

but probably means VGuitarforums is no longer needed

Your site will always be a resource. The new Tone Exchange is just a new option which is quite late compared to the competition. Anyway, I just had a quick look at it this morning and it's already being flooded by someone only looking to promote his personal interest of selling patches.

Top Bottom