BOSS .... New Announcement in next day or two / < 30 June

Users prefer dedicated facebook groups, or off topic rants ( and trolls) here at TGP - and after 20+ years of self funding the annual web hosting, and answering same 12 questions for 20 years- Im getting burnt, add my situation of forced COVID lay off / retirement / unemployable age - means less funds for the annual web hosting fee..( need those funds to buy strings and part C,D Medicare) and its a thankless time waster, - so get what you need at VGUITARFORUMS.COM because it may not be around
I understand, but I'm sad to read this.

tracyk

The best SY-1000 patches are shared here ( for a little while)
Cheers, I'm aware of the site and have looked at it over the years many times. Truth be told I haven't had time to even think about new tones yet. I made myself 4 patches (clean, distorted, organ, synth) for my gigs and made a couple of EQ tweaks but that's it so far. I don't have a 13-pin guitar (yet) either so looking at other people's patches is usually not helpful.

BenoA

Users prefer dedicated facebook groups, or off topic rants ( and trolls) here at TGP - and after 20+ years of self funding the annual web hosting, and answering same 12 questions for 20 years- Im getting burnt, add my situation of forced COVID lay off / retirement / unemployable age - means less funds for the annual web hosting fee..( need those funds to buy strings and part C,D Medicare) and its a thankless time waster, - so get what you need at VGUITARFORUMS.COM because it may not be around
I hear you. I had a L6 Podforum from 1998 to approx 2005 which I had to close as back then, the platform I was using wasn't safe and someone managed to hack it and make it disapear.

I tried to keep the group alive but FB won and moved to it and the Kat group raised from the ashes of what was left of my other forum.

I feel your "burnt" thing as these days, I mainly cut and paste the same answers over and over.

I admire your work and you've been a source of inspiration.

Brian N

I've generally found two issues with patch exchanges:
1. People have differing sets of equipment and a patch that might sound good on your setup might not sound that great on mine.
2. There are enough users out there with such poor patch construction skills that #1 isn't even a factor.

That said, I have come across a few cool ideas here and there from deconstructing others' patches, and every once in a while I run into something genuinely useful.

You said it! Most of the patches out there sound like someone just randomly set all the dials and hoped for the best. It's like...you seriously thought this was good enough to share with the world? And they sound nothing like what the description says.

On the topic of Boss Tone Exchange though, I like the idea. Vguitarforum is less than ideal, so if they can improve upon it I'm all for it.

KingsXJJ

They are releasing a GT1000 in the form of a Korg Pandora. It will retail for $200.
A MX5 user is late to the party. Not acceptable Norm.

F6836F05-4FD8-44C2-B409-B096DB6BFAEA.png

A MX5 user is late to the party. Not acceptable Norm.

View attachment 645192
Since my MX5 is at the bottom of that list I will probably toss it in the trash.
I was playing it last night and the latency was so drastic that I strummed a chord and I was able to run downstairs and feed the cats and get back upstairs before the sound of the chord could be heard.
:p

Last edited:

eclecto-acoustic

Serial tree-hugger
Since my MX5 is at the bottom of that list I will probably toss it in the trash.
I was playing it last night and the latency was so drastic that I strummed a chord and I was able to run downstairs and feed the cats and get back upstairs before the sound of the chord could be heard.
:p

The Ampero processes things a little differently. High sample rate, but a MASSIVE buffer size. I played an entire song once, and it all played back to me in the space of about 2 seconds. Total song time was the same, so...win?

Major_tom

I actually dont mind this site as an alternative of web browsing, hope that it wont be abandoned. It also feels like Boss is preparing for something better, that's why they're implementing Tone Exchange now, at least that's what i hope for.

edit: But what would they do for the "copyright" protection? Some people are selling their patches like Glenn DeLaune, what would happen if someone uploads them on the Tone Exchange?

Antipodes

I actually dont mind this site as an alternative of web browsing, hope that it wont be abandoned. It also feels like Boss is preparing for something better, that's why they're implementing Tone Exchange now, at least that's what i hope for.

edit: But what would they do for the "copyright" protection? Some people are selling their patches like Glenn DeLaune, what would happen if someone uploads them on the Tone Exchange?
Anyone running a web site is obliged to take down copyrighted material on request. Failure to do so can result in court action so usually host/moderators take it down pronto.

ry-guy

Messed around with it and so far it’s nothing to write home about. One slow gear shimmer setting thing that sounded ok. Maybe if they add some kind of rating system to weed out the Stefans.

Maybe it will grow with time.

Antipodes

His patches have a copyright?

You could changed a single fx dial from 49 (his setting) to 50 & a or setting & patch... Maybe the IR?

Have a good one,

3EO
I guess that is an interesting question as far as copyrighting a bunch of settings goes. Quite possibly somesuch cannot be copyrighted. (Snarky counter argument would be, well your novel is just a bunch of characters typed on a keyboard - monkeys will eventually produce it given enough keyboards and time.)

He certainly supplies his own IRs so to load his patches you need to install his IRs (same goes with Tone Junkie) and his KPA patches would have protection also. People who tried to sell his work as their own would be liable legally and trading, like cracks, is something that happens in dark corners, it would not be hosted on a corporate site.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom