Boss RC-2 and One Spot problem

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by The Peu, May 4, 2008.

1. The Peu

The Peu Member

Hello everybody,

I have a small problem with my pedals, and more specifically with the RC-2 looper.
    My current setup is the following:
    guitar-->Strobostomp-->Fuzzwork Orange-->Keeley BD2-->OCD-->Keeley Comp-->Subdecay echobox proto-->RC Booster--> RC-2-->amp

All the pedals are powered with a One Spot.

There is a low volume high frequency sound that I have identified as coming from the RC-2. When i unplug it from the One Spot and put a battery in it, this sound stops.

Has anybody encountered this issue? I would like not to have to use a battery. Should I get a Boss PSU just for the RC-2?

Thanks for your help.

Christian

2. wc8485

wc8485 Member

Try a separate walwart , yes.
    Read some of the reviews at Harmony Central, same topic is addressed.

3. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

Before you spring for a boss PSU see if the noise goes away when the RC-2 is the only unit attached to the 1-spot. If it is quiet this way just order another 1-spot and use it for the RC-2 only.

4. The Peu

The Peu Member

Thanks!

Just tried it. When the RC-2 is the only pedal on the One Spot the noise goes away. I guess i am going to order another PSU just for the RC-2.
    Do you think it is better to buy a Boss or a One Spot?

5. zwieback-dude

zwieback-dude Member

Hi,
    I've got the same problem. I use a T-Rex Fueltank to power my pedals. When I attach the RC-2 to the fueltank I get the low volume hiss. Even when I use a seperate Boss PSU for the RC-2, the iss is still there. Only with Batteries it is quiet..

6. Alter

Alter Member

how is the grounding where you use it? i had the same issue with the one spot, but getting power from a better grounded outlet improved things

7. The Pup

The Pup Supporting Member

I had the same problem...I used a dedicated PS to fix it.