1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Boss RC-2 users...I have a question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 205, Feb 11, 2008.

1. 205

205 Senior Member

When you're clearing the last loop you've recorded, buy holding down the pedal for two seconds, it will play a portion of the last loop. This is not good in a live situation.

My question is... Are any of you guys using the optional FS-5U footswitch as a stop button and clear button and does it react the same way???

2. starfish

starfish Supporting Member

I'm not a huge fan of the double tap to stop routine as it is counter-intuitive. But I have to admit, they did what they could and packed a whole lot of functionality into a single button looper in the traditional Boss 9v battery capable enclosure.

I think the trick is to hold down on the second tap and the loop clears without playing back again. If you stop first, then go back to clear, the loop plays.

3. johnrambo

johnrambo Member

if i remember correctly, when using the extra footswitch you can delete the last loop without hearing any playback. another method you could use is to put a tu-2 after it to mute your signal while you delete loops or put it in a true bypass looper.

4. 205

205 Senior Member

Thanks for your replys guys.

Can anyone else definately confirm that the FS-5U will clear the loop without playback??

5. kiki_90291

kiki_90291 Member

Yes - press the FS-5U once and it stops, press and hold and it erases - no playback.

6. 205

205 Senior Member

thankyou

7. abovethewave

abovethewave Member

I have something to add ...

Is the only way to turn off the Guide beats by turning down its volume knob? The always on thing drive me nuts.

8. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Well, I don't think the RC-2 is designed with live performance as a priority. I'd say that as much loop performance in the smallest package possible is the priority. On that, they deserve a slap on the back. My Loop Station is the most important practice tool I have. Good luck.