Boss RC-30 - do you have this loop station? An "undo" question...

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by loudfast, Feb 25, 2012.

1. loudfast

loudfast Member

For anyone familiar with the RC-30: I'm in pre-buy status, but was reading the manual, but could not get a clear picture about the "undo" feature.

If I create a basic foundation loop, then overdub onto it four times, can I then undo one-at-a-time back to the basic foundation loop, or does the undo function only remove the most recent overdub? In other words, can I keep undo'ing progressively backwards, or is undo'ing limited to the most recent overdub only?

2. loudfast

loudfast Member

I contacted Roland/Boss directly. It will only undo the most recent recording, and cannot be used to undo individual previously-recorded layers...

3. dirk_benedict

dirk_benedict Supporting Member

RC-20XL works the same way. The other thing about this function I don't like is that you can't undo an Overdub on a loop you haven't saved yet.

4. High Gain Junkie

High Gain Junkie Member

If you want that ability then maybe an RC50 or the new RC300? Me, I'm moving on from my Boss RC20XL and I'm finally getting a Boomerang!

5. Mincer

Mincer Member

The Boomerang is something I am considering as well. I like that it is geared towards live performance, and improvisations- not so much about repeating static loops.

6. High Gain Junkie

High Gain Junkie Member

The Boomerang is on it's way, with the help of Musician's Friend's 15% off and free shipping!

7. loudfast

loudfast Member

My main interest is in recording improvisations, but I'll be running an Line 6 M13 into a DL4 into the RC-30, so I think that should provide plenty of flexibility with three looping options. I also like that wav files can be loaded into the RC-30 memory...