Boss RC-30 Looper

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 1973Marshall, Mar 29, 2015.

1. 1973Marshall

1973Marshall Member

After searching for a looper and trying several, I just picked up the Boss RC-30. Gigged solo Friday using an EHX, and though it was a great device, but the Boss seems to make up for things I wanted and needed such as:

1) Silent and easy switching including single tap on and off. Easy start and stop!
    2) Larger amount of presets and a whopping 3 hours recording time
    3) Small form factor that is pedal board friendly.

There are many other features worth noting as well such as dual tracks, ability to independently trigger, the ability to add external footswitches, XLR input and really intuitive operation.

So far I've rehearsed with the unit and it really impressed me. Amazing device.

Anyone have experiences to share? Did anyone find a looper that was better than this one?

2. FoolOnThePlanet

FoolOnThePlanet Supporting Member

I loved my RC-20XL. I have an Infinity looper, and I feel it's too much for me. It's like on a whole other plane, but not in a good way, in my case. The interface of the Boss line is so user friendly. I've thought briefly about selling the Infinity to get an RC-30.

3. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

The only reason I didn't get the RC30 over the RC20XL was reverse mode.
    But now I have another looper with reverse and I'm thinking in selling the RC20XL to get an Infinity or a Boomerang III.

4. 1973Marshall

1973Marshall Member