1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Boss RC-300

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SidMonshi, Feb 9, 2012.

1. SidMonshi

SidMonshi Member

Anyone have any experience with this loop station? It's supposed to be the best out on the market right now, and I was wondering what the consensus is over here.

Also, what can an fs-6 pedal add to it? I have one that I use with my RC-3, which I'm planning on selling if I decide on the RC-300

2. bwires

bwires Member

What function(s) are you using the FS-6 for now?

3. SidMonshi

SidMonshi Member

All I really use it for right now is stopping all loops at the tap of the B switch, instead of tapping the rc-3 twice which throws me off rhythm.

Another question...Does anyone know if more than one input can go through the rc-300? As in, I can have my guitar/amplifier hooked up to it as well as a microphone, keyboard, etc.?

4. SidMonshi

SidMonshi Member

5. jonlarsen002

jonlarsen002 Member

I just bought an RC-300. It has stereo 1/4 input, phantom power mic input, and 1/8 aux input. 2 sets of stereo outputs that you can assign individual loops to, etc. It seems to be able to handle everything I've wanted to do with it. you can hook up 4 external switches for various hands-free functions.

6. SidMonshi

SidMonshi Member

Does that mean you can loop, say, a guitar and mic that are both hooked up to it?

7. minjason

minjason Member

yup...FWIW, i've owned pretty much every looper on the market (including every generation of the Boss RC series) and the Boss RC-300 def takes the cake for features and control. I think I still give a slight nod to the Boomerang III for sound quality, but the difference is not noticeable enough for me to forgo all the features of the RC-300. I'm still navigating through all the features, but for now, it looks like it covers all my needs for live performance use.

8. SidMonshi

SidMonshi Member

Awesome, that's good to hear. I just ordered it today so I'm stoked to try it out in a few days!