Boss RE-20 Expression pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Galapogos17, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Galapogos17

Galapogos17 Gold Supporting Member

RE-20 owners, what's the best expression pedal to use?

In the manual it says not to use anything but the Roland EV-5 or you will damage the pedal. Is that really true or are they just trying to get you to buy their product?

I tried the boss ev-5 and it was not very good. The active range of the pedal is only about 50%, it's too small for my foot and it's cheap plastic.

I then tried to use a goodrich volume pedal with insert cables and that didn't really work. The range of the pedal was all in the middle of the pedal, so once you had it depressed more than half way it was the same as having the heal of the pedal all the way down.

Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks!

2. Galapogos17

3. Galapogos17

4. GovernorSilver

GovernorSilver Member

I'm surprised no one's helping you on this. Probably has something to do with what pot is in the EV-5, impedance, polarity, etc.

Isn't there some kind of range adjustment knob on the EV-5?

In the meantime, the Boss EV-7 is the heavier duty version of the EV-5.

For yet another alternative, M-Audio claims their cheap expression pedal is compatible with everything.

5. Galapogos17

Thanks for the info, the boss fv-500 is also a bit better made, but it is too big for my board. I thought about trying the Alesis f2, but no one seems to sell them anymore. So, I am still looking...