1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Boss RT20 clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by KaBudokan, Jun 17, 2006.

1. KaBudokan

KaBudokan Member

I picked up a Boss RT20 from ebay this week, and I finally got a chance to spend more time with it today. I made a quick clip, just messing around a bit.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=478281&songID=4078380

There's info about the recording, chain, guitar, etc. there. Basically: USACG strat > Tim > RT20 > Ibanez ADL > Top Hat Club Deluxe

I "think" I dig this pedal quite a bit. I am more impressed with the sound on the faster speed settings, though I think it sounds good on the slower ones as well. I had a chance to try one out at a local store before I bought this one, and my one impression I had there was correct - the pedal does add a bit of high end. It would be vey useful if they had a tone control on here. Ideally, on my board, I would run it with a looper with an EQ right after it I think. But that's ok.

Overall I like it so far. :)

2. leftyaxeslinger

leftyaxeslinger Supporting Member

Thanks for the clip. I've been wondering about this pedal. Sounds pretty good.

Does it have a ramp up feature to go form fast to slow and vice versa?

3. KaBudokan

KaBudokan Member

Yeah - it has 2 speed settings. Switching between them causes it to ramp up or down accordingly. There's also a "rise time" control that changes the rate of the ramp.

Also, depressing both pedals at the same time engages a brake, which slows the pedal to a stop.

4. jbro

jbro Silver Supporting Member

I have one of these.. I'm still debating whether the effect is worth the $$ or the space it takes up on my pedal board.

I use the fast speed almost exclusively - the slow has a weird flange thing going on that definitely does not belong in a rotory speaker sound, IMO (it sounds better in stereo, obviously). The univibe setting is pretty much a joke. And maybe it's just mine, but there must be a heavy noise supressor built in, because when the signal gets low you can hear it chopping in and out.. not a pleasant sound. Makes it impossible to do low-volume swells with my strat. The display also loses its "cool" factor pretty quick. After the first gig where you have a bunch of drunken bar-goers coming over to gawk at the pretty lights and spilling their beer on your pedal board in the process... you'll be looking for a roll of duct tape to cover it up.