Boss RT20 clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by KaBudokan, Jun 17, 2006.

1. KaBudokan

KaBudokan Member

I picked up a Boss RT20 from ebay this week, and I finally got a chance to spend more time with it today. I made a quick clip, just messing around a bit.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=478281&songID=4078380

There's info about the recording, chain, guitar, etc. there. Basically: USACG strat > Tim > RT20 > Ibanez ADL > Top Hat Club Deluxe

I "think" I dig this pedal quite a bit. I am more impressed with the sound on the faster speed settings, though I think it sounds good on the slower ones as well. I had a chance to try one out at a local store before I bought this one, and my one impression I had there was correct - the pedal does add a bit of high end. It would be vey useful if they had a tone control on here. Ideally, on my board, I would run it with a looper with an EQ right after it I think. But that's ok.

Overall I like it so far. :)

2. leftyaxeslinger

leftyaxeslinger Supporting Member

Thanks for the clip. I've been wondering about this pedal. Sounds pretty good.

Does it have a ramp up feature to go form fast to slow and vice versa?

3. KaBudokan

KaBudokan Member

Yeah - it has 2 speed settings. Switching between them causes it to ramp up or down accordingly. There's also a "rise time" control that changes the rate of the ramp.

Also, depressing both pedals at the same time engages a brake, which slows the pedal to a stop.

4. jbro

jbro Member

I have one of these.. I'm still debating whether the effect is worth the $$ or the space it takes up on my pedal board.

I use the fast speed almost exclusively - the slow has a weird flange thing going on that definitely does not belong in a rotory speaker sound, IMO (it sounds better in stereo, obviously). The univibe setting is pretty much a joke. And maybe it's just mine, but there must be a heavy noise supressor built in, because when the signal gets low you can hear it chopping in and out.. not a pleasant sound. Makes it impossible to do low-volume swells with my strat. The display also loses its "cool" factor pretty quick. After the first gig where you have a bunch of drunken bar-goers coming over to gawk at the pretty lights and spilling their beer on your pedal board in the process... you'll be looking for a roll of duct tape to cover it up.