Boss RV-3 Reverb/Delay share your settings!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Polo, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Polo

Polo Member

Hey guys.
    I love my RV-3. I like using it in my lead to really cut through and I think its great for that.
    my favourite setting is from left to right 2,2,5,7
    What are your favourite settings and times to use it?

2. Viral_Rock

Viral_Rock Member

Right now I'm using it as just a delay to thicken up solos. Very low mix, a bit more than 1 repeat, slightly longer than slapback. But I've used it as a straight reverb (when none on amp), as well as the reverb+delay settings for really tripped-out psychedelic sounds.

3. SackvilleDan

SackvilleDan Member

I use one in my reggae band for big washes... Usually on mode 10 or 11. Mix is at about 12 o'clock, tone about 1, release time about 11 o'clock.

4. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

I can't tell you exact settings since I change them all the time according to the individual guitar I'm using and the effect I want to achieve (moderate plate-y room, trebly spring-y tail, long shoegazing atmospheric reverb, warm hall, slapback with a bit of delay etc) but I remember the settings included in the manual are a good place to start (http://media.rolandus.com/manuals/RV-3_OM.pdf)

5. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

Not using it anymore, but I was into the post-rock thing with mode 7, mix at 2 o'clock, repeats and time at 1 o'clock.

6. Polo

Polo Member

Thanks for the manual!

7. Cottage

Cottage Member

Is there a decent slap back on these things?

8. rockinrobby

rockinrobby Senior member Professional musician ... Gold Supporting Member

Sold mine … Years ago.. Went in a different direction "Eventide"

9. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

When I had my Space, I was using the RV3 as well. It had the role of an instant shortcut (minus all the Space's necessary tweaking) to good sounds that may be not as rich as Eventide's, but for simple purposes like some of the ones described above they are just fine (more than fine, actually, and always cutting through the mix). It's a classic pedal used a lot by Radiohead, Isis, Cure, Sigur Ros etc.

Decent slapback, sure... especially with the help of an extra small room reverb dialed in.