Boss RV-6 or wait for the MXR Reverb?

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
I am between the immerse and rv6. For me stereo is a must, not that I will use that feature very often, but I would like to have the option. Unsure of the bypass on the mxr reverb too. Only other mxrs I used to have are a block logo phase 90 and evh phase 90 and I didn't love the bypass on those.

My other concern with the mxr is the push button selection for the modes, doesn't seem as fast to switch on the fly as a separate knob. Obviously nit picks, but they are what I am thinking. The mxr reverb could be amazing, no idea.

ummohyeah

Get the RV-6. You can resell it for its used value if you think the MXR is enticing once it's released. I had the RV-6 for a bit and have no complaints with it, just sold it to try other things. You could do a hell of a lot worse.

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks guys, all good points. The other one on my radar is the Red Panda Context, I think the Boss is a little more pedalboard friendly however with the other stuff I have going on.

P8t8r

I'm superhappy with Boss. I think you can't go wrong with reverb from any global brand like Boss, Digitech, and (based on yt) MXR.

What sold on Boss and not Polara is the Boss Shimmer setting with tone at 9 o'clock. Polara is also more subtle overall. Not a bad thing unless you want more reverb from your reverb ;)

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks guys, all good points. The other one on my radar is the Red Panda Context, I think the Boss is a little more pedalboard friendly however with the other stuff I have going on.
Heard good things about the Red Panda Context. Was on my radar too, but eliminated due to being mono. In my P&W gig, if I am the only guitar player booked, than I like to run stereo. Currently have a Digitech RV7.

Kylote

I'm considering the MXR myself... depends on how loud the reverb can get. That's my only real complaint with my Immerse, so if the MXR can get loud I could be tempted.

Kluch

CAn't comment on the rv-6 since I only own an rv-5 (and a bigsky) but after listening to that one demo (there was a thread on it) of the new mxr reverb I was nearly sold on it. It sounds fantastic.

Rumble

Instrumental Rocker
Gold Supporting Member
Anyone know what type of bypass the MXR will have?

Jeric

Seriously, the magic that happens with the tone control at 9:00 on the shimmer setting on the RV6 was enough reason for me not to sell it, even with a Wet+EXP combo on my board too.

kowalski440

Silver Supporting Member
Compared to the Polara or RV-7, how good is the plate setting on the Boss RV-6?
I love my RV6 and can't compare to the Polara but I did own the RV-7. the plate setting on the RV6 is fantastic and can get really wet. I'm not slagging the RV-7 either. you can't go wrong with Lexicon verbs. imo, the Boss algorithms seem to be a bit smoother in comparison, though. and I'm picky about reverb.

Kylote

Is it the first MXR digital pedal?
I believe so... perused the site and they actually have the manual up for it. Thing is going to take 240 mA of power. If I pick one up, that and my DD-500 are going to have outputs 5 and 6 on lockdown on my PP2+.

No actual release date I could find on the site though.

Trending Topics