Boss Sd-1 best/favorite Mods

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Melodic Dreamer, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

What is your favorite mods for a Boss Sd-1? Please give me the qualitys the modded pedal has that the original don't. Thanx a bunch:)

Personaly, I would love to find a mod that lowered the mid hump and helped with the loss of low end. Plus, something that might make it a little more open and not so compressed sounding.

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

3. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

Sounds like he turns it into a Tube Screamer, which in fact is what I'm trying to stay away from. I could be wrong here, but it sounds like it to me. Thanx for the reply though

4. AL30

AL30 Member

Wow !! More West Virginia - second post I've seen today from WV (other than mine - I'm in Morgantown).

Melodic Dreamer - if you want to mod the SD-1 (and it really is very close to a TS) go to the DIYstompboxes forum and do a search for "sd-1". There should be a pile of info for you.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/

Also, since it is so close to the TS, RG Keens "Technology of the Tube Screamer" article should be of some help.

http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/TStech/tsxtech.htm

AL

5. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

no probs.

Indyguitarist (www.indyguitarist.com) is a really nice guy (real name Brian) and is extremely knowledgeable about modding effects. For the SD-1, he offers ~10 different mods! Anyhow, give him a shout and tell him exactly what you want, and he'll give you some great advice.

6. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

7. humbert

humbert Member

Indyguitarist +1!

Brian is a great guy, with great tone up there. I've put my SD-1 up against LOADS of overdrive pedals -- while some may clean up a little better, none match its complex tone, with no annoying mid hump.

8. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

Have you guys tried any mods by Paul Weller (Backstepper)? Ericb was bragging on his Sd-1 mod. I was hoping to hear more opinions about it.