Boss St-2 + Mxr Eq = Brutal?!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bentayuk, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Bentayuk

Bentayuk Supporting Member

So I picked up a Boss ST-2 Power Stack yesterday, as I've always regretted selling my old one. Needless to say it's just as fun as I remembered it to be, and can't be beat for the price ($59).

I forgot that it gets pretty modern heavy with the drive knob at 10. Not really modern metal, but definately into 90s Slayer / Megadeth territory.
    So I decided to throw my MXR 6-band EQ in after it, and the results are insane! It has had the most profound effect in the tone. It's hot-rodded the **** out of it, let alone the obvious EQ advantages I threw it in for.

Now I know through any of my amps effects loop, it has this effect, but I had no idea it would do the same with a simple distortion pedal.
    I was able to get the most brutal death metal sounds (ala Dying Fetus) with very little tweaking. But best of all, it sounds awesome. Easily on par with any of the recent Amptweaker / ISP Theta pedals that have been on my board.

Simply put, I'm shocked!

[​IMG]

HaroldBrooks likes this.