• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

$Boss Super Feedbacker & Distortion$

Christian Ace

Anyone know how much these boxes would acquire cash-wise?
Or how much would you, the guitarists, pay for one in excellent condition?

Big Boss Man

They were originally released as the "Super Distortion & Feedbacker" but DiMarzio claimed trademark infringement over the words "Super Distortion" so Boss changed the name to "Super Feedbacker & Distortion". The ones with the original "Super Distortion & Feedbacker" wording are worth more. You probably have to check ebay completed listings to get a good idea of the value. I would guess maybe $50 for a "Super Feedbacker & Distortion".

Christian Ace

They were originally released as the "Super Distortion & Feedbacker" but DiMarzio claimed trademark infringement over the words "Super Distortion" so Boss changed the name to "Super Feedbacker & Distortion". The ones with the original "Super Distortion & Feedbacker" wording are worth more. You probably have to check ebay completed listings to get a good idea of the value. I would guess maybe $50 for a "Super Feedbacker & Distortion".
Oh yeah, pre-copyrights are $$$$$$$$
I have seen some Super FB/DS pedals go for at least $200 at times!

Moe45673

Apparently, no matter what the wording, the guts are the same. Basically, you're paying for how the letters are arranged

A normal Japanese one should be between 120 and 150 USD. They are great pedals. There are a lot of them around though and for some reason there seems to be renewed interest in them.
The original wording can fetch 250 to 300 USD. It's just words though.

Christian Ace

Thanks out there -- wanted to get a little guitarist input on the pedal. If anyone is interested, I have a Japanese Feedbacker/Dist. that I'm looking to trade for an overdrive. The gain stage of a distortion isn't quite working out in my rig, but nonetheless it is a flawless pedal. If this strikes interest with anyone, let me know whatcha got.

Big Boss Man

$200-300 is ridiculous. I have not really followed prices recently, but I don't think that is normal. I got a SD&FB for about $40-50 in 2005.

Christian Ace

Thanks out there -- wanted to get a little guitarist input on the pedal. If anyone is interested, I have a Japanese Feedbacker/Dist. that I'm looking to trade for an overdrive. The gain stage of a distortion isn't quite working out in my rig, but nonetheless it is a flawless pedal. If this strikes interest with anyone, let me know whatcha got.
Forgot to write:
Send me a PM if anyone's interested.

nightraven

i picked one up for 35 euros last week (a taiwan one) because i've wanted to try it out for so long
it's a fun pedal!
mine has an extra input for an external footswitch so you can stomp on it and not have to hold the pedal down for it to continue feedbacking, which is sorta useful..

FLYING V 83

Gibson Geezer
Where in NJ are you?

Kenilworth based, work in Neptune

shop was Hy Way music on 18, John always has lots of used amps & stuff
this was a while ago on the DFs though

Unabashed spam: my band Round Trip is at Bello's in Sayreville on the 30th
we play regularly at Rug's & Riffy's too

cj_wattage

Kenilworth based, work in Neptune

shop was Hy Way music on 18, John always has lots of used amps & stuff
this was a while ago on the DFs though

Unabashed spam: my band Round Trip is at Bello's in Sayreville on the 30th
we play regularly at Rug's & Riffy's too
Cool, thanks. I'm up to the north and west, but I'm down that one every couple months. I'll check it out next time I'm down there.

VA_siCkBoy

Gold Supporting Member
I sold a Super Distortion & Feedbacker back in the early eighties for like $30.
Wish I had it now.

BrianWampler

If you are wanting just the distortion (and not the feedbacker), the boss ds-1 is the exact same distortion circuitry.
bw

Top Bottom