BOSS SY-1 Synthesizer

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 7thString, Jul 11, 2019.

1. squishcat

squishcat Member

Dude. Everything you just typed has nothing to do with me. Don't put words in my mouth to play victim. I never said the SY-300 isn't "worth it". I also clearly stated the SY-1 was high water mark for a "compact pedal" at this price point. I never said your opinions or those anyone else were worth more or less than anything, either. I addressed you spamming the broken record of SY-300 feature set and how lowly the SY-1 is in comparison over and over. Don't play obtuse. You've been bitching constantly all over the internet about this pedal since it was introduced. I understand how conversation works. But you seemingly like to make it up as you go along to fit your personal diatribe against this pedal, and now yourself.

You're entitled entirely to your opinion, and I welcome it. I don't need to ignore anyone. Maybe try staying on topic since this thread is about the BOSS SY-1, and try flipping the record on your personal vendetta to keep repeating the same dialog about the SY-300.

Sean Mac likes this.
  2. Brockstar

Brockstar Member

@squishcat I apologize and deleted my comments... I was staying on topic though as sy-1 is strongly related to sy-300... I didn't wanna argue or turn it into a bitch fest as I was simply replying to your comment in a nice manner (i thought so?) and then all of this broke out, so I'm out. Have a good day.

3. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner Member

Self-awareness is more important than guitar pedals.

HoweFan likes this.
  4. mac jones

mac jones Member

I don't know what the big deal is. I have the Sy-1. I used to have the SY-300, but sold it. Why? Probably the the reason the made the Sy-1, it's too big, and complex for me. But that's just me, so the Sy-1, as idiot proof as it is, works. I liked the Sy-300 as it tracks well.

Now that i think about it, I probably wished back then they had a smaller one. :D

But is Boss repackaging older tech? Most likely. As does....just about everyone? They are doing a good job of repackaging though.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    roachone, Silver Hand and squishcat like this.
  5. squishcat

squishcat Member

All gravy, baby. I'm not a communication champion and text and internet has its limitations. You have a good day, too.

Brockstar likes this.
  6. bobco631

bobco631 Member

almost Halloween, no word, no stock here in Canada afaik. Ordered it in August , actually put a deposit on two.
    Christmas, MAYBE.
    boo,

roachone and Silver Hand like this.
  7. Daniel Krawchuk

Daniel Krawchuk Member

Yeah, trying to find them in Canada is almost impossible. The guitar player in my band put a deposit with L&M down back in July and still hasn't heard anything. I was at Steve's music in Toronto about a month ago and they had ordered like 15, all of which had been spoken for. On top of that, the SA C4 wasn't even on their order list. Canada really needs to step up its importing synth pedal game!

morrissey007 and Silver Hand like this.
  8. giQz

giQz Member

I am already thinking of a Boss SY-200 or Boss SY-500, if they decide to manufacture them, but I may need to get a least two of the Boss SY-1 since there are no programmable preset options, I think. :(

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019 at 4:32 PM
    AlanHB and Charlie Monsoon like this.
  9. morrissey007

morrissey007 Supporting Member

And no stock anywhere in the entire UK.... :( anyone know of a UK seller with stock?

10. Rio

Rio Supporting Member

I gave up and got one from Japan.

Rio

11. squishcat

squishcat Member

I just cancelled a 4 mo preorder after I heard from a big retailer they were backed up till well into next year with preexisting orders. No wonder they are going for crazy money.

12. morrissey007

must have cost a fortune to get one from Japan! And nothing until next year is ridiculous! I'll keep my order placed and report back here when I actually get one.

13. squishcat

squishcat Member

Good luck. I think its deceptive that most retailers are implying that more will be available next month, knowing the massive queue of preorders that haven't even been processed. Yet, they keep taking those orders.

14. monty

monty Member

Damn this is crazy. C'mon Boss, you've been doing this long enough.

jamester likes this.
  15. Sigmund Floyd

Sigmund Floyd Supporting Member

Wouldn’t the Métis Enzo be better than this? Or is it very different? Tonally it is good.

16. morrissey007

Metis Enzo is twice the price and, for me, the beauty of the SY is there's no 'programming' it give me enough presets to keep me going without a lot of knob twiddling. (It's why I switched from SAC4 to SY.).

17. morrissey007

My order update today... (Andertons) says due 25/11! I won't hold my breath!

18. giQz

giQz Member

I ordered the Boss SY-1 back in September 2019. After several backorder notices, I finally received it today. I was excited all that time, but once I got it, all that waiting kind of made it a letdown. I need to put this Boss SY-1 on the pedalboard immediately and use it, before this sad feeling festers, of wanting the programmable presets on a Boss SY-300 (too bulky for me), or a Boss SY-500 (for the smaller form factor) if they decide to make it. Two of these awesome Boss SY-1 pedals will probably tide me over until the combination of programmable presets and the size of the Boss 200-series, or Boss 500-series, becomes a reality. :):(:D

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019 at 6:55 PM
    morrissey007 and monty like this.
  19. morrissey007

Hang in there giQz, the shipping delay hasn't changed the sounds:). And once you start playing with it the sad feeling will be replaced with a grin!:D

giQz and monty like this.
  20. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Just ordered one from MF. Backordered into early December but I'm not in a hurry. Got a decent deal on it and had a ton of MF bonus points to blow on something.

I'll be interested to see how the preset thing works. I have a SY-300 but needed to tweak things a bit to taste. Hopefully there's enough control to dial things in effectively.

monty likes this.