• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Boss TB-2W (Boss ft. Sola Sound Unite)

mirrorball

Bought a TB-2W and requested UPS signature required because I’m out of town for the week. Just got notice that my package was delivered and signature was verified by…wait for it…nobody.

Tracking shows the package was signed for by me. How does that work exactly :dunno???

The UPS knuckleheads left it at my door. Luckily, my neighbor was able to pick it up. UPS have shenaniganized me multiple times over the years.
This has happened to me a couple of times in the last few months. I thought it might be a Covid-related thing -- reduces the potential for human interaction -- but now I just wonder if it's a screw up.

flpul

Silver Supporting Member
This has happened to me a couple of times in the last few months. I thought it might be a Covid-related thing -- reduces the potential for human interaction -- but now I just wonder if it's a screw up.
Yeah, Covid, I met a driver outside for a signing thing and he told me the drivers are signing due to Covid and not to worry. Recently had to sign for a fedex thing though, so depends on company and prob driver.

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, Covid, I met a driver outside for a signing thing and he told me the drivers are signing due to Covid and not to worry. Recently had to sign for a fedex thing though, so depends on company and prob driver.
I’ve heard that happening too but have been signing for my packages too. No rhyme or reason. Guess it’s up to driver discretion. But the delivery companies don’t give a s*ht about you. Oh and good luck with that claims process.

High Pedality

#563 has landed. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. Purchased from Zzounds back in February and yeah, it's completely fantastic. Really exceeded my expectations actually. I mean, it's a fuzz. It's nothing we haven't heard 1000 times before but there's also absolutely nothing I could think of to change about it. It's super balanced, no need for a tone knob, has all the mids naturally present so it'll sit in a mix great. The three way selector is really cool. 7v with the gain rolled back is awesome for spitty, almost gated stuff and then up to 12v with the gain cranked and it's completely massive. Also, the pedal is quiet! Very minimal hum. Just the whole packaging and presentation is something special. I absolutely poo-poo'd the graphic, the look of it, etc...but I was wrong. It's gorgeous in person. Boss 100000% knows what they're doing.

Like everyone else, I grew up playing Boss pedals. It's the sound and form factor that is always home base for me. I used to own both a vintage germanium Vox and a silicon Colorsound Tonebender and have always deeply regretted getting rid of them. I have my Big Muff, Fuzz Face, Super Fuzz, Dizzy Tone situations narrowed down to the best of the best so I'm really stoked to have a Tonebender flavor this awesome back in the collection again.

Last edited:

hafizimran

Splurge for the 3xMullards option…that’s not usually available and worth the coin, in my opinion.
Done. I also put in an order for a 2SB175 Sun Face on top of that. Two pedals and still cheaper than a second hand TB-2w really puts things into perspective. Or perhaps I'm still just low-key bitter about the whole thing? :p

[Color:Grey][Transistor Options:One NOS NKT Red Dot and two Russians $0][Add LED:Red $15][Power Options:power Jack $15][Add a knob cover:Add an MXR style knob cover $2.00][Add a shirt:AMan shirt, put size (S, M, L or XL only) and color (Black, Navy, or Red) in comments - $12]

1) I can't tell any difference whatsoever between battery and power jack.
2) The Tshirt was the best quality shirt for $12 I've ever bought in my life.
3) The tone knob on the analogman is very useful.
4) the voltange switch on the Boss is very useful.
5) Analogman unit has an internal trim for voltage, he sets it at 5v I think.
6) I got mine in about 3 weeks from him and he included a coozy drink holder thingie for no charge.
Thanks for this. I'm sure the TB-2w is a great pedal, not to mention it having the added bonus of being a collector's item already. But once you said the sounds were pretty similar against the Analog Man MKIV, I immediately went and put in my order for the latter.

However, this thread is not about the AM MKIV. It's about celebrating the TB-2w. So carry on with the TB-2w party, please!

StevenC

Got to try it out today at last. First time playing through an amp for complicated reasons, but it was great to get back to it.

Anyway, pedal sounds great. Very simple to get a good sound out of straight away, though being that my only other fuzz is the Bliss Factory that might not be a meaningful thing to say. Playing it with an old Les Paul through my Diezel Herbert MkIII. Through the clean channel I really like the 12V setting, not sure why it just seems like more. Into gain I was preferring 7V, seemed more controlled or something.

Lots of good sounds to be had, and I was even able to get some serviceable Fripp tones. I've got a custom Expresso Buzzaround and MkI Tone Bender double pedal, which will be interesting to compare with.

A-Mags

Silver Supporting Member
Gear Tree just had quite a handful of Brand New ones in stock. I was about to post about it here and almost missed my chance!! Price was $499.00 now the link shows $1499.00. I’m scurred…

Next Day Edit: So Gear Tree just asked UPS to return my paid for Boss TB -2W to them, sent me a refund and a message that there was a pricing error.

Last edited:

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member
Hey y’all, just a head’s up. Looks like this place is giving one away…

lol
"ENTER TO WIN YOUR BOSS TB-2W TONE BENDER - A $349.99 VALUE!"

Trending Topics

Top Bottom