Boss TB-2W (Boss ft. Sola Sound Unite)

Raymond Lin

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Boss told all dealers that are expected to get them, to wait until they all have them before shipping them out as to “flood” the market and possibly thwart flippers ability to get big $ for them.
If 300 of them show up at once on reverb I doubt they’ll be selling for much.

Alto music claims to have “no word” on when they’ll be getting their allotment.
How about....after seeing the first few going for crazy money on Reverb and this is their plan. It gets shipped out but all dealers will have to HOLD until everybody confirms delivery then all get sent out locally. Similar to your thinking, so that if 300 or 1000 all hits reverb at the same time, it won't be $2k.

Some dealers may be sitting on them already, and since it's money in the bag for the dealer themselves, there is no loss of revenue for them to let it sit there until Boss says they can release them, especially now the customers have been officially informed about the June release and June is not even half way through.

Kevdes93

"Tweed hut music" in CA posted two in stock on reverb just now and they seemed to have them in hand, hopefully not much longer for us waiting. (Don't even bother checking, they went in 5 seconds)

SubApathy

Platinum Supporting Member
Boss CEO actually reading that comment:
This brought me back to my post back in March. Lol!
Order Received.
Order Backordered.
Order Still Backordered.
Still true. I received another backorder notification on May 27th.

TimDude88

This is an epic fail of logistics for Boss IMO
The frustration I have within every bone in my body wants to totally agree with you. But I think when I look a little bit deeper into the situation I understand a bit more of why it's going this way. I really wouldn't be surprised if Roland/Boss isn't terribly concerned on the logistic front with this pedal. This is a single batch product for them that won't be run again (apparently). Sure, it will equal just over 1.5% of their revenue for the year. At the end of the day, 1.5% for one year, and only for that one year isn't a whole lot for a company like Roland to jump out of their shorts. If I understand this correctly, Boss isn't even making this pedal at their traditional manufacturing facilities, they're making it in the "downstairs" of their headquarters or something, not a designated area for production. So the manufacturing for this pedal has basically turned into a side hustle for them.

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
I mentioned it many pages ago here. I ordered two back when I could, from two dealers. The idea was to hedge against a cancellation. One was on Reverb, and the other was a shop in Colorado that somebody mentioned in this thread oh so many pages ago. Here we are June 10 and I feel no better about my chances. They didn't make a million of these things. Just 3000. People were demoing production models - not prototypes - online months ago. It's kind of gotten silly.

Blue-moon

Gold Supporting Member
I hope some US dealers like Tweed Hut Music held back and didn't pre-sell. Hopefully some will pop up at retail prices and some non-flippers can grab them.

Raymond Lin

I hope some US dealers like Tweed Hut Music held back and didn't pre-sell. Hopefully some will pop up at retail prices and some non-flippers can grab them.
If you are going to do that, you need to find out who is doing that first, even if they can't reserve one for you. Ask them that is what they are doing, then....call them up daily from now for the next 2 weeks. It would be your only chance IMO. Because if the store list them online, it will be gone in seconds. You have to beat it before it is listed.

TaronKeim

Silver Supporting Member
the impatience + frustration situation many are experiencing seems so strange to me

either you got a cool thing that barely matters or you didn't get the cool thing that barely matters

this whole thing just seems like a lottery, hope for luck and that is all that can be done

especially, if tone is your main concern, there are many reputable builders who are making as good or better sounding units, guaranteed

may the odds be in your favor + move on with your lives, yeah?

|tjk

Raymond Lin

the impatience + frustration situation many are experiencing seems so strange to me

either you got a cool thing that barely matters or you didn't get the cool thing that barely matters

this whole thing just seems like a lottery, hope for luck and that is all that can be done

especially, if tone is your main concern, there are many reputable builders who are making as good or better sounding units, guaranteed

may the odds be in your favor + move on with your lives, yeah?

|tjk
I am not frustrated, i am excited, like Christmas!