BOSS teases new Waza Craft pedal

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
This doesn’t look promising. Guess we’ll see. Many times companies in Japan are given a license to print money, but sadly,...

In that upper right corner, it looks like the bottom of the 'w' at the end of each Waza model number.
Still waiting.

olejason

My official prediction... Boss Univibe!

EVIDENCE:

1)
This image shows the mystery pedal between the Waza tuner TU-3w and vibrato VB-2w. What Boss pedal starts with U? None of them!

2) On the BossFX_US Instagram page they state "Like nothing we've ever created before." While there are Univibe algorithms on many Boss multi-fx they have never done a standalone Univibe pedal. Along with the ring mod it's one of the few 'traditional' effects to never have a stand alone release by Boss. It wouldn't really make sense to make such a statement if this is an FZ-2, HM-2, or phaser.

3) The color. The pedal shown in the close-up is NOT a raw enclosure. It's a silver hammered finish. While the silver has a passing resemblance to the FZ-2 (solid silver metallic) it isn't quite the same thing. But what does it bear a resemblance to? The original Unvibe had a somewhat similar silver/gray finish on most of the enclosure. Many of the units do show somewhat of a hammered/textured finish.

4) Boss clearly knows how much I want an HM-2w and FZ-2w and they'll stop at nothing to dangle the prospect in my face for the rest of my life.

There you have it. Prepare your boards for the Boss Univibe! Or not... it's Friday and my work day is complete. Time to actually play instead of ogling gear. :D

npappas

My official prediction... Boss Univibe!

EVIDENCE:

1)
This image shows the mystery pedal between the Waza tuner TU-3w and vibrato VB-2w. What Boss pedal starts with U? None of them!

2) On the BossFX_US Instagram page they state "Like nothing we've ever created before." While there are Univibe algorithms on many Boss multi-fx they have never done a standalone Univibe pedal. Along with the ring mod it's one of the few 'traditional' effects to never have a stand alone release by Boss. It wouldn't really make sense to make such a statement if this is an FZ-2, HM-2, or phaser.

3) The color. The pedal shown in the close-up is NOT a raw enclosure. It's a silver hammered finish. While the silver has a passing resemblance to the FZ-2 (solid silver metallic) it isn't quite the same thing. But what does it bear a resemblance to? The original Unvibe had a somewhat similar silver/gray finish on most of the enclosure. Many of the units do show somewhat of a hammered/textured finish.

4) Boss clearly knows how much I want an HM-2w and FZ-2w and they'll stop at nothing to dangle the prospect in my face for the rest of my life.

There you have it. Prepare your boards for the Boss Univibe! Or not... it's Friday and my work day is complete. Time to actually play instead of ogling gear. :D
I like the conspiracy theory and honestly it makes sense to read, but remember BOSS does not have any history of making intentionally cryptic posts / teases a la Strymon or Copperstone. I honestly believe they are intentionally misleading and/or having no real meaning behind the two current posts.

woolyh

I think it was last year when Boss made a video with a close up of a HM-2 and a Space Echo... which was to tease the release of the 200 series pedals... :bong

Tootone

Fellas that's an unpainted pedal.

The Fz-2 has a clear coat and a tighter grain, and they normally don't cut any corners on recreating the paint of the original.
It could also be Hammerite paint.... as per Fuzz Face, ToneBender etc.

atarilovesyou

I hope they keep Waza as an updated reissue line. I think they will: otherwise, why bother issuing regular pedals? Why not a SY-1w? Anyways, I'm still holding out for the MZ-2. I doubt Boss would drop the real paint job, but who knows. I just wonder why there aren't more upstart Swedish death metal bands what with all the hype around the HM-2. Unless they give it a killer updated setting (like I'm sure they will) I don't see it setting the world in fire. More hipsters using an extreme distortion pedal to 'nail Gilmour tonez'...gimme a break.

atarilovesyou

Maybe I'm old, but this whole tease game is so pointless. Just release the damn thing and we'll either get it or not. What a waste of energy.
...you mean like how they did it last time with the SY-1w and MT-2w? I don't mind their mixed approach, myself.

The unpainted enclosure could work though. First, they said it’s something they have never done before. So no paint could mean that. And second, the FZ5 is more raw looking than FZ2. For Waza they maybe do the switch so you have both, like with DC2w ...

Trending Topics