Boss Tera Echo vs Keely Caverns: similar?

Staticbuster

For those who have played or own both, would you say they are similar in sound? I have a Caverns and love it, I'm thinking about a Tera Echo also.

Kestrel

No, they are very different. The closest comparison to the Keeley Caverns I can think of is the EQD Dispatch Master. I had both pedals for a while. As for the Boss Tera Echo.. It's a different animal altogether. It's unique sounding for sure, but sounds too contrived rather quickly after using it for a while. It's definitely not a pedal you'd leave on all the time, if you get my meaning.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Thanks @Kestrel, good info. How would the tera echo sound on a synth do you think?

I think the Tera Echo would sound great with a synthesiser. it's not a bad pedal at all. It's unique sounding and to be honest, I can't think of another pedal that sounds like it, but much like a 'shimmer' effect on some reverbs, it's the type of effect you don't want to overuse.

Staticbuster

There are quite a few good demos of the Tera Echo with a variety of synths. This one shows a range of possible original sound sources, including an acoustic piano sound.

Funny, I watched that same one last night. Definitely does sound different than the Caverns.

Top Bottom