Boss TU-3

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by megaman254, Mar 1, 2012.

1. megaman254

megaman254 Member

Is it absolutely necessary to use the PSA series AC Adaptor for the Boss TU-3 tuner?

2. losergeek

losergeek Member

Not sure what the PSA series is exactly, but I've used a bunch of different adapters on my TU2 - one spot, yorkville, ibanez - everything has worked fine.

3. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

Nope, not necessary. As long as you are using a 9v center negative tip adapter with at least ~50mA of available current, you should be fine. I don't remember the exact the current draw of the pedal but I don't remember it being very high.

4. chervokas

chervokas Member

The PSA standard is just like a conventional regulated 9V pedal power supply so any regulated 9V DC power supply will work fine. The old Boss pedals w/ the ACA standard I think involved a 12V unregulated supply and regulation and voltage step down was done inside the pedal.

http://stinkfoot.se/archives/726

5. megaman254

megaman254 Member

Cool, so I have an adaptor that says INPUT:110V 50/60Hz OUTPUT: 9V 350mA will this do?

6. Zakko

Zakko Member

Sure

7. chervokas

chervokas Member

Yeah, assuming of course the output is 9V DC not AC, and ideally regulated (otherwise you could have noise).

8. megaman254

megaman254 Member

Cool, yeah it says AC-DC Adaptor, but I'm not sure which is which, but this is the lowest adaptor I have, and I just don't have the extra money to go buy one.

9. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

To be safe why don't you post the brand name and model # of your adapter. That way one of us can research it for you to be sure.