Boss VE-1 vs T.C. Helicon pedals - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by seratone, Mar 15, 2015.

1. seratone

seratone Member

I just picked up a Boss VE-1, the new vocal echo and pitch correction pedal. I have three of the T. C. Helicon pedals, the Doubler, Echo and Harmony Singer. I found I hardly every used the harmony effect.

Wondering if anyone has compared the basic vocal sound of these two manufacturers?

Since I'm only using the reverb and compression from the Harmony Singer pedal (take the slap echo and the Doubler out of the equation).

I use these in my home studio for song writing, practice and at my rehearsal space. I have had my rehearsal PA pretty finely tuned to EQ vocals only (30 band ART EQ), when I used the harmony Singer pedal the EQ. When I kicked in the HS I would essentially adding another level of EQ - which incurred too much high end and risk of feedback. I haven't had a chance to try the Boss through a PA

2. rsm

rsm Member

I've not tried the Boss pedal, I do have the TCH VoiceLive 3 which is great IMO, however this is my first voice processor so I don't have anything to compare. I've been dialing in other gear recently (FX100), but I plan to get back to VL3 soon, and try to recreate some of these guitar patches I have in the FX100.

I'm interested in hearing about a comparison as well.

I find it interesting that Johnny Marr uses the Boss GT-100 yet uses TCH vocal processing not Boss?

3. Fred132

Fred132 Member

4. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

I'm very leery of the footswitches on the TC Helicon peds--I have a few and would go Boss in the future.

5. rsm

rsm Member

Looking at the VE-1 now since I'm not using the guitar processing in the VL3; how does it compare? Given the price points, is the VE-1 usable, good, great? Thanks

6. rsm

rsm Member

buehler? buehler?

:bumpbump