Boss Waza Air Headphones

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by MartinC, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Kpax10

Kpax10 Member

It looks like the BTS app allows you to upload/ download the livesets. Can anyone direct me to where to download patches others have created? Sorry if this has been posted before.

2. ljholland

ljholland Silver Supporting Member

I got mine from Alto Music - they did accept returns.

3. Marco.au

Marco.au Member

Ordered mine a week or so ago, waiting back-order probably end of August.
    Can't wait!

4. MIke MM

MIke MM Member

You are going to love them!

Moe45673 and Marco.au like this.
  5. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Agreed! I am loving these things, they really take me enough of the way to "amp in the room" to make silent practicing something pretty enticing

6. BluesMan75

BluesMan75 Member

I love mine too. I’ve had them for about 2 weeks. While the modeling can’t touch the Axe FXIII, and the app is clunky at best, the sheer simplicity of the device is great. I can see this being a spring board to similar products. If Fractal made a similar product I would pay double.

7. ljholland

I gotta say - as someone that does software development for a living - the Waza app is possibly the worst user experience (UX) design ever. Copying/saving/changing effects....it’s a complete unintuitive cluster.

Regardless, I am really enjoying using them. I’ve somehow stumbled into saving a couple of presets that sound great. I also like the amount of isolation I get from the headphones for listening to music.

The only glitch I’ve noticed is that the side buttons sometimes fail to change channels.

MIke MM likes this.
  8. Elantric

Elantric Silver Supporting Member

9. ljholland

10. Elantric

Elantric Silver Supporting Member

one Liveset group of 5 -( got to start some where )

complain to BOSS - who are a bit user hostile these days , zero support for user to user patch sharing, and impossible to get spare parts , etc, etc, etc,

11. ljholland

Yeah - didn’t mean to be a Debbie Downer. They did build some libraries of patches. It would be nice so see a little more enthusiasm like you see with other companies.

12. John Quinn

John Quinn Member

Lift the ground on the work machine.
    [​IMG]

13. vourot

vourot Member

From what I have read , the app seems to be not so great for the android users. That would be an issue that really bothered me. I have not had any issues with the IOS version though. I will agree that it is not very intuitive but it didn’t take very long to get the hang of it. I was surprised that they didn’t go with the MK 2 version of BTS For the WAZA-AIR . It seems like a no brainer. I would have liked the option for 5 effects at once if desired.

14. MIke MM

MIke MM Member

I love the waza but the UX is horrible.

I'm not the smartest bloke on the block, but it took me forever to figure out you couldn't use the two effects at the same time that share the same knob.

Its a shame since the sound and experience of the headphone is amazing.

Also haven't really spend time shaping my own presets since I don't think you can just "save" one, but have to overwrite a previous one.

Been thinking of downloading more of the stock presets from Tone Central (which should have much more variety at this point) to overwrite, but just haven't had the time

15. vourot

vourot Member

Yes you have to overwrite an existing patch to save your own presets . When you create a live set , you import your created patch into the live set . Once it’s copied over you will have duplicated the patch over to your live set . Then you can overwrite again if you like. That’s why the initial patches that come with the app can be reloaded as a live set from TS.

MIke MM likes this.
  16. Thilo278

Thilo278 Member

I use a Galaxy S8 and never had any problem with the app. Bluetooth connection is stable and connects immediately and I never experienced a crash. When looking at the Facebook owner's group for the Waza Airs, there are as many "problem" reports of iOS users as for Android users.
    Honestly, I think 90% of the time it is just user error.
    The GUI is equally strange for both environments, though, but I got used to it. I use the same 2-3 sounds all the time, anyway.
    I would buy the Waza Airs again in a heartbeat.
    My home rig before that cost multiple times as much as the Wazas and I never use it anymore, except for recording.

17. Drew816

Drew816 Member

iPhone user here, I've had the Waza's for what 2-3 months now and I've had no difficulties once I learned to re-program the input jack it has to be in the headphones that is... Connections, noise, etc. are no different with these than any other Bluetooth devices I've used. When running through my Helix I can get all kinds of interference just like I would with pickups and bad electrical emissions in general.

I don't think the Waza app is very well designed mind you, it's a bit of a PIA to maneuver around and use but it works.

Not cheap, no, but I'm glad I made this investment.

DO watch out for the volumes when in use with other gear especially.

18. Fingertangle

Fingertangle Member

This is a $700 rock man? Why? I don’t get it.

19. Monks

Monks Member

Anyone in EU/UK got their hands on one of these recently?

I know some units have started trickling out! Of course I understand the issues with factories in China but geez what a wait! My own fault for not snatching a pair back in December when there were a few units around.