• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Boston Guitar Center moving

bostonwal

Just saw today that the Boston Guitar Center will be moving to 1255 Boylston St on March 14. Apparently they've got deals to blow stuff out from now until the move. Of course, that was the first time I'd been in there in a long time and was more than happy to leave when I did.

jazzandmetal?

Silver Supporting Member
I wouldn't doubt they are moving. They have an offsite warehouse. Probably not fun to deal with in a city like Boston.

teleking36

No way!!!! I was just in there and I was talking to Heath, and didn't hear a thing about it. I live across the street from the new location!!! This is HUGE news!! Fantastic!

Timster

this is good new.. I hardly go to their current location since it's a pretty long drive

TwoFeets

Not Boston Guitar Works (Heath).... The GC in Boston is what's being referred to, correct?

bostonwal

Not Boston Guitar Works (Heath).... The GC in Boston is what's being referred to, correct?
Now Boston Guitar Works in downtown Boston would be AWESOME! Too bad you practically need to remember your passport to visit the store in Brockton.

bostonwal

Great spot for them, especially in the summer with plenty of traffic in the area.
Except that the current location has the T stopping right out front of it. The new location will be a significant walk from the T and I'm not sure what the parking situation will be either. At least you have those 15 or so spots in the garage next door at the current spot.

teleking36

I actually think the parking will be a little better in the new location. That parking garage at the current GC is basically useless.

jaycee

Did you say blowouts? That could be nice. I agree the current parking situation sucks. Interesting news.

RickC

Boston Guitar Works did have a downtown location several years ago, near Northeastern University. It didn't fly :(

Our kybd player owns a recording studio at 1260 Boylston, so I've had to park in that neighborhood a lot - not a big improvement imo. If there's a game in town, fuggedaboudit!

/rick

jkg

Gold Supporting Member
Agreed. Parking will suck, or continue to do so. Anybody remember Eu Wurlitzer on Mass Ave across from Daddy's and next to Berkeley Music? Always liked that shop...

bostonwal

Agreed. Parking will suck, or continue to do so. Anybody remember Eu Wurlitzer on Mass Ave across from Daddy's and next to Berkeley Music? Always liked that shop...
Damn, I remember when Wurlitzer was in the 360 Newbury St building (Best Buy/Tower/Virgin buidling). How about LaSalle Music on Boylston next to Jack's Drum Shop? Even Jack's left last year.

Axe Victim

Damn, I remember when Wurlitzer was in the 360 Newbury St building (Best Buy/Tower/Virgin buidling).

I bought a 67 tele there in 85. They were asking $650 for it. I talked them down to $600. Still have it. Blond, maple neck with the transition logo.

LouRossi

Was EU Wurlitzer the shop that moved out by BU in the late 80's?

Pale Rider

Gold Supporting Member
I've heard there's a new shop opening around the Boston area called the Axe Palace-
maybe more metal, but........a new store is a new store

Trending Topics