1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

Both Sides Now Solo(Eastman OO content)

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by dlguitar64, May 5, 2020.

1. dlguitar64

dlguitar64 Member

2. itstooloudMike

itstooloudMike Member

Well done! I love the sound of a 12-fret 00. That Eastman sounds great.

dlguitar64 likes this.
  3. Steadfastly

Steadfastly Member

I think that was the model I tried out when I was in Nashville in March. I was impressed with it then and you certainly have done nothing to lessen that impression. Very nicely done, DL!

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    dlguitar64 likes this.
  4. Bluedano1

Bluedano1 Member

If not mistaken, Randy Scruggs played this tune solo, to close NGDB's 'Will The Circle Be Unbroken' ( which I tried to play, as a HS kid)
    * your open tuning sounds more ' Joni'
    Nice job!

5. dlguitar64

dlguitar64 Member

I mention on YouTube this version is based on that recording (which I wore out as a 13 yo.)

Bluedano1 likes this.
  6. Bluedano1

Bluedano1 Member

I am constantly learning bluegrass songs from Circle, for our Farmers Market band to try out- still trying to get the picking down decently on " You Are My Flower!"
    Just a treasure chest of great music

dlguitar64 likes this.
  7. lamenlovinit

lamenlovinit Member

If you take requests I'll have "Man of Constant Sorrow" as played by Norman Blake on the Oh Brother soundtrack... That guitar, your recording setup and your chops would kill it.

dlguitar64 likes this.
  8. Bobbybigbucks

Bobbybigbucks Gold Supporting Member

9. Frozen Rat

Frozen Rat Gold Supporting Member

Sounded great. And those are great guitars too.